SCG
Logi Nu
SCG

Re: How to change Harmony 700 activity order on lcd screen?

[ Edited ]

Thanks rhachey !

Used your link and followed the directions and it worked like a charm on my (2) new 700's.  Not sure why Logitech's sw all works so vaslty differently (sw 7.7.0 - myharmony.com -  members.harmonyremote.com).  In any case, this is exactly what I was looking for, Thank you so much!  It also worked in the correct order for me with 3 activities  (1=1,  2=2,  3=3)

Here is the link again for anyone that needs it.

shinyhacks.com/2010/09/how-to-reorder-activities-on-logitech.html (copy and paste link, add www if needed)

And thanks to Andytizer who posted the original write up on the above link!

Logitech.. PLEASE FIX THIS IN SW 7.7.1!  Easy of Customization is why we purchase your products, please do not make it harder than it has to be!

Logi Browser
mbratch

My Harmony 700, using the harmonyremote.com site, doesn't follow any of those patterns from what I can tell.

I have 4 activities. The order that I want is:

1 - Watch TV

2 - Watch Roku

3 - Watch a Movie [this is for the DVD]

4 - Play Game

If I put it in this way, I get (4, 1, 2, 3). If I put it in as (2, 3, 4, 1) then I get (4, 2, 3, 1). If I put it in as (3, 4, 1, 2) then I get (4, 3, 1, 2). And if I put it in as (4, 1, 2, 3) then I get (3, 4, 1, 2). So it doesn't seem to care whether I have a hard button for the activity, and it doesn't seem to follow a particular pattern. I've pretty much given up on it... :-/

Logi Legend II
rhachey

Try this link

Logi Browser
mbratch

Yeah I had already been down that path. That link points to a 6-device case. I tried mapping it to 4 and it just doesn't. And according to that link. the first device in the list appears correct, but in my case it never does. My first device gets moved every time. This config software is squirrelly.

Logi Guru
triad

That's because all 4 are tied to hard actiivity buttons, so those can't be changed on any harmony.

Logi Browser
mbratch

I'm not sure that makes sense. Clearly I am indeed changing the activity order. The results come out different each time, not the same (which would be the case if they were hard coded). They're just not changing in the order I'm giving.

Logi Guru
triad

The thing is this is a hack. Activity reordering was never intended to work on the 700. Logitech support will swear it doesn't. They're partially correct. Just use trial and error until you get the order  you want. That's the best you can do. 

What I don't understand is why you'd want to change the order of your hard button activities. That makes no sense to me. Changing the order on the LCD makes sense, but not the hard buttons.

Logi Browser
mbratch

[ Edited ]

triad, just to be clear: I'm not trying to change the order of the hard activity buttons. You brought the topic of hard activity buttons up in your first post as the reason why I can't change the order on the LCD. I'm trying to change the order of activities on the LCD, that's all. And it appears to be a pseudo random mapping from what I request to what I actually get. What I don't know is if it's a one-to-one functional mapping, so there's no guarantee that if I were to try all 24 permutations of 4 items that I'd get what I'm after at some point. :smileywink:

Logi Nu
HalFromVA

This suggestion worked OK for my Model 650 (slightly reversed order, but it can be manipulated).  My wife thanks you very much!!  Please add this capability back in your new software versions.

Logi Apprentice
mmatheny

Put some activities in, program it, compare what you got on the remote with what you have on the web page and create a map of what is what - easy pleasy.

Mike

Samsung PN-50A550
Harmony 700
Onkyo TX-SR608
Windows 7 Media Center
Cisco RNG200 cable PVR
Xbox 360