Logi Visitor
dfgds

How to dismantle a Harmony One

I need to dismantle it and clean it as someone in fammily seems to have wasted som sticky over it and som buttoms stick.

Anyone have a tip or know how to?

Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

Re: How to dismantle a Harmony One

I have only seen one post about it...and after they tried the screen wouldn't work

so be very careful

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays
Logi Visitor
dfgds

Well yes I could be carefull If I had a manual. My guess are that there arn't anyone and people that ''has to'' take it appart has to find out the hard way and that many times make it impossible to putt together again as you probably have to brake it to find out how you realy should have done.

I have had a couple of remotes during my 50 years of living and almoust everyone have had tp be cleaned sometime. 

Wonder why Logitech dont let us know.

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

I haven't come across any remote or similar device with instructions for how to dismantle it!
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
DaneHarmony

Hello dfgds,

I highly discourage dismantling the Harmony One.  I am aware that many other users have written stories of opening and repairing/cleaning their remotes with success, but this will void your warranty.

If you are outside of warranty, we obviously cannot stop you doing something you wish to your own property but the Harmony One is not simple to disassemble like the 880/890 were.  Those remotes had 2 screws, and 8 snap-clips (4 on each side).   There was quite a bit of room, and once the case was open you could easily put it back together.

The Harmony One was never intended to be opened. You'd have to peel off the sticker in the remote to get to the screws there, and then rip/peel off the soft touch back of the remote for those screws.  This is snap-cliped and glued onto the remote.  Once this comes off (if it comes off in 1 piece) then it wil just never be the same again.      If you manage that part the innards are pack in tight, and most likely you break a LCD screen cable or something else once inside.  Again. Not recommended.

DaneHarmony

Logi Browser
rapister

why is it made so difficult to dismantle ? is it because you dont want people fixing it like the 880 and 890?

Logi Nu
Shangalawhop

[ Edited ]

Not a problem to dismantle the Harmony One. But of course, warranty is long gone when this is done. Good luck :-)

Content Edited. Reason: Violation of Community Forums Terms of Use. While we welcome your opinions and constructive criticism, please note that Logitech reserves the right to remove material in violation of our terms of service. Intentional violation of our Community Forums Terms of Service may result in temporary or permanent account ban.

towboy123
Topics: 124
Kudos: 507
Solutions: 152

Thanks for the tutorial

___________________________________________________________________________________
If you are looking for official Logitech Customer/Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<.
Your Friendly Dish Network Technician
My views don't represent Dish Networks views I am just here to help
___________________________________________________________________________________
Harmony Link, Logitech Revue, Sanyo DP-55441 HDTV, Dish Network Hopper and 3 Joeys,
Sony STR-DA3400ES, Sony BDP-S350 BluRay, Squeezebox Classic, Sony DVP CX875P, Sony iPod dock, Sony PS2, XBOX, Wii. Whats not being controlled by Harmony is a Phast-8 Amp and a Panamax Power Conditioner
Logi Legend II
hhatkin

Yes, remarkable! Who made it?

Logi Nu
milu

[ Edited ]

I just did it yesterday. Successfully! Thanks Shangalawhop!!

I'd add there couple of remarks:

Content Edited. Reason: Violation of Community Forums Terms of Use. While we welcome your opinions and constructive criticism, please note that Logitech reserves the right to remove material in violation of our terms of service. Intentional violation of our Community Forums Terms of Service may result in temporary or permanent account ban.

Final point: Logitech had better simply describes how to do it than officiously explaining why shouldn't.