Logi Nu
SARS72

I'm having trouble syncing my Harmony remote for the Xbox 360 with my Xbox 360...

I've reset my remote to the factory settings and tried to re-sync, but no luck.  Any ideas?  It worked for a long time with my former Xbox 360, but when I replaced the Xbox 360 (not the hard drive) it hasn't been able to sync since.

Thanks in advance,

SARS72

Logi Nu
installers

Re: I'm having trouble syncing my Harmony remote for the Xbox 360 with my Xbox 360...

Delete the xbox out of your devices then re-add it.  make sure you have line of sight at it, or if it takes the ir kit make sure it is on all the way.  if the xbox uses the ir make sure the xbox is set to read off of the ir or line of site.

Logi Nu
SARS72

Re: I'm having trouble syncing my Harmony remote for the Xbox 360 with my Xbox 360...

That was a great idea, but unfortunately it didn't work.  I have literally reset my remote to factory settings numerous times, deleted and replaced the activity and still no success.  I cannot figure out what is going on here???  When I reset the remote, I followed the instructions in the manual, that before I uploaded my activities, I went straight to the Xbox 360 and pushed the sequence of buttons "Y, X, A, B" but it still couldn't communicate to my Xbox 360.  Then I tried uploading my new activities and it still doesn't work.

Please help!  I love my Harmony remote and want to be able to use it the way it's supposed to be.

Sincerely,

SARS72

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
DaneHarmony

Hello Sars72,  got your PM, but I'm not entirely sure where your problem lies to give you the best answer.

I want to first make sure that you're not having update / sync issues.   If you remove 'Play Xbox 360' and update, does it disappear from your remote?  As in, is your remote taking the necessary updates?  If so, then it's most likely not the Harmony that's the problem. 

If your other devices are responding, and your remote updates just fine, focus on the Xbox.

There is a setting in the Xbox dashboard for remote.  I can't remember exactly now the correct menu, but explore a bit and find where it has Windows Media Center Remote etc and choose one of those.  Change and power down to see if now you have control. 

Let me know if the remote is behaving correctly, so we can focus on the Xbox responding to the Harmony.

Logi Nu
SARS72

Thanks DaneHarmony!  Success!  I had actually looked at that menu item on the Xbox dashboard already in my quest for a solution... But I didn't see any reason to switch the setting.  From the sign-in menu, you go to the "settings" tab, then select "system settings", then select "console settings".  The item where the setting is adjusted is listed as "remote".  When you go to that item, you are given the choice of setting it to "Both" or "Xbox Universal Media Remote".  "Both" simply means that you should be able to use either an Xbox Universal Media Remote or a Microsoft Media Center Remote.  Oddly, my menu was set to "both" and by changing to Xbox Universal Media Remote made the Logitech Harmony remote for the Xbox 360 work just fine.  How peculiar... Thanks again for the insight!

Sincerely,

SARS72