Logi Nu
gavnone
Accepted Solution

Initial Harmony One battery charge - how long?

How long should I initialy charge my Harmony One before using it for the first time? 

I did not find the answer to this question in either the General forum posts or the "Useful Harmony Links" website. According to the Harmony One instructions, the "battery indicator" will tell me when the remote is fully charged, yet there seems to be 2 different "battery indicators" on the remote, one that has a picture of a "lightning bolt" that displays when the remote is in the charger and another that is in the upper-right corner of the remote when I remove the remote from the charger. The "lightning bolt" indicator seems to indicate that the remote is still charging, while the "upper-right" indicator seems to indicate that the battery is fully charged.

I am a little confused as to how to tell if my remote is, indeed, fully charged or not. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Logi Guru
listener

Re: Initial Harmony One battery charge - how long?

Hi,

the upper right indicator is the one to watch. 6-8 hours should be enough for initial charging.

Greetings

listener

Harmony 900 with Fujitsu-Siemens TV (Myrica V30-1), Yamaha-AV (RX-V461), Teufel-5.1-Speakers (Concept-S), Sony DVD (DVP-NS76H), Sony VCR (SLV-SE800D1), LG PVR (RH-278H), Pioneer Mini System (CD, Radio, Tape) (DC-Z94), Logitech Squeezebox Radio and iPod touch 32GB. Did you read Wannabe's FAQ's?
Logi Legend II
hhatkin

They usually come with enough charge to use straight from the box.
Logi Nu
Jejep

[ Edited ]

I had the same initial question as well until I left it a bit longer on the craddel and the lightning bolt on the middle of screen changed to battery with a ticked green. I guess that is the indication of fully charged instead of the indicator on the upper right screen. Anyhow, you should not be worry about this as the remote will works the same whether it is fully charged or 50% charged. Unless, if you are a prefectionist who want to see the green tick everytime, before you are using the remote.

Logi Browser
larrymcg

The initial charge for my Harmony ONE took many hours.  During that time the display was blank.  No indication of whether the carge was done or not.  So I left it overnight and the display was still blank in the morning.  When I finally picked it up the big battery icon showed up and clearly indicated a full charge.

Isn't there supposed to be some charging indicator while the remote is in the cradle?

--Larry

Logi Legend II
rhachey

While the remote is on the cradle, there is no indication to show it is fully charged, unless you take it off of the cradle.  The remote is usually shipped with enough charge on the battery to setup the remote.  Charging usually takes about 3 to 4 hours.

Logi Nu
Clem_Dye

I've just treated myself to a Harmony One remote. I followed the instructions to the letter and for the first charge (before you install the software, etc.) I did see the green battery with a yellow tick on it indicating (I presume) a 100% charge if I pressed any key on the remote whilst it was still on its cradle. After I went through the set-up process the battery seemed to be pretty depleted so for the last 24h or so I've left the remote on the cradle. However, neither battery indicator shows a full charge. If I press any key on the remote when it's still on the cradle I see the large green battery indicator showing that the battery is still charging. If I check the remote's display when the remote is off the cradle it looks like the battery is about 90% charged (the icon is quite small). The charger's lED is bright white so the cradle has power.

Do I have a duff remote and/or battery I wonder?

Cheers

Clem

Logi Browser
larrymcg

In my post (#5 above) I claimed that after charging a long time the big battery with the lightening bolt thru it showed that the remote was fully charged.  Well....maybe I was smoking something strange because I've never seen that happen again.  I've left the remote charging for two days and the big battery indicator always looks like it is still charging.  The really tiny battery indicator in the upper right of the screen does show that it is fully charged.

By the way, while the remote is on the charger, you can push any button and it will wake up and show the big battery icon, which is useless since it always seem to show that it is charging.

--Larry

Logi Nu
Clem_Dye

Larry, it does sound like that this is how the Harmony One remotes behave, doesn't it? It could well be that the battery indicator on my remote, when off cradle is showing a full charge -- my eyesight isn't that good. I suppose it's reassuring to find somebody else with the same issue. I guess it's now down to actually using the remote to see how long a battery charge lasts.

Cheers

Clem

Logi Browser
larrymcg

I find that the battery indicator is down a long way in less than a week but we use the remote quite a lot.  I haven't tried letting it go until it complains (or dies or whatever it does when the battery is way down).  Maybe it could last a week if I pushed it.

--Larry