Logi Visitor
Start

Initial battery charge

For a brand new H1 remote, how long does the intial battery re-charge normally take? I'm assuming that the battery icon needs to be entirely green for full charge? I've had my new battery on the charging cradle for about 3 hours, and so far, only one green bar is illuminated (maybe I need to be a bit more patient???)
My devices: HDTV = Mitsubishi LT-46244; HD STB-DVR = Motorola VIP1216 (ATT U-verse); Blu-ray player = Panasonic DMP-BD30; AV/R = Onkyo TX-SR605
Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

Re: Initial battery charge

the image on the remote won't change...
the light on the base (if you haven't turned that off) won't change colors either.

chances are your battery has more than enough charge to go through the programming....
given the type of battery that's used, you are safe to just place the remote in the base whenever it's not in use...that way it will always have a 'full' charge when you need it.  the battery does not develop any memory, so don't worry about draining it before charging it again

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays
Logi Visitor
Start

Thanks, W. I also just noticed there's a very tiny icon in the upper right of the touch screen that is fully green. Maybe that's the indicator???
My devices: HDTV = Mitsubishi LT-46244; HD STB-DVR = Motorola VIP1216 (ATT U-verse); Blu-ray player = Panasonic DMP-BD30; AV/R = Onkyo TX-SR605
Logi Guru
jdbower

I'm not positive about the One, but there is a small battery icon on my 890.  I typically charge it overnight but I'm guessing it charges in a few hours so you should be fine.  On the older remotes the firmware that ships with the remote seems to be very old or just a placeholder, when you first update the remote it downloads new firmware which may change the behavior of the battery icon.  Either way, by this time you should be ready to play.

Are you a WannabeFAQreader?
Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

Start wrote:
Thanks, W. I also just noticed there's a very tiny icon in the upper right of the touch screen that is fully green. Maybe that's the indicator???

unlike that image on the remote screen when it's in the base, that will change...how 'fluid' it is I don't know...I'm not sure if it changes at certain key points (75%, 50%, 25%, etc...) or if it's completely dynamic.  I believe some one was even wondering about the 'tip' on the battery image...I don't think that every shows as green.

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays
Logi Legend II
hhatkin

Start wrote:
....how long does the intial battery re-charge normally take?
....a very tiny icon in the upper right of the touch screen that is fully green. Maybe that's the indicator???

It normally comes charged and ready to use, with no need for any initial charge. After that you leave it on the base whenever it's not in use and it's always sufficiently charged. That screen "icon" IS meant to be the indicator but it's not a precision instrument! As it's always sufficiently charged you don't need to think about any indicator.