Logi Nu
huys

Logitech 890 Updating problem

My logitech 890 is giving me the following error: Checking version information : Warning: This update may not be intended for the remote control. - The information was not sent. Check your USB cable and try again. If the problem persists, contact customer service.

The extender updates fine, but the remote is stuck in that message. I have tried with firewall off, DMZ open for this computer, even connecting the computer directly to the cable modem instead of the router. I have changed my receiver and added a blu-ray player so I need to reconfigure again and it won't update the remote. Any possible solutions?

towboy123
Topics: 124
Kudos: 507
Solutions: 152

Re: Logitech 890 Updating problem

Did you update the RF extender first?
___________________________________________________________________________________
If you are looking for official Logitech Customer/Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<.
Your Friendly Dish Network Technician
My views don't represent Dish Networks views I am just here to help
___________________________________________________________________________________
Harmony Link, Logitech Revue, Sanyo DP-55441 HDTV, Dish Network Hopper and 3 Joeys,
Sony STR-DA3400ES, Sony BDP-S350 BluRay, Squeezebox Classic, Sony DVP CX875P, Sony iPod dock, Sony PS2, XBOX, Wii. Whats not being controlled by Harmony is a Phast-8 Amp and a Panamax Power Conditioner
Logi Nu
huys

Re: Logitech 890 Updating problem

Yes, It asks to update the extender first, without being plugged to the a/c power, it goes 100%, then the next screen ask for the remote to be plugged in, and then I get that error message. Please help!