Logi Nu
jm2080

Logitech Harmony 1 and Roku 3

I have a Roku 3 and a harmony 1 controller. I added my Roku device by going to DVD/DVD/Roku/model: Roku 3. It pulled up and I renamed it from DVD to Roku. When I go to learn IR commands, it won't pick any up. I tried at various angles and degrees, near my actual Roku, etc etc. All updates have been applied to my computer and Roku. I found other forums regarding adding the Roku, but not a lot regarding learning the commands and with the Roku 3. I am thinking something with the motion control feature on the Roku is messing with this? Anyways, any suggestions would be appreciated. I even tried the troubleshooting option and didnt get anywhere, maybe I clicked the wrong troubleshooting option?

Please help, this is one of the reasons I got the Roku, for the harmony 1. Any help is appreciated, and thanks in advance for your time to reply

Thanks

Logi Nu
jm2080

Re: Logitech Harmony 1 and Roku 3

I have also tried adding the roku as a different model number
Logi Guru
Quin_at_HRR

Is it possible that the Roku 3 remote does not send an IR signal at all? I know that it has been enabled with a technology called Wi-Fi Direct and, if it is using this protocol to communicate with the Roku device, there may not be an IR signal for the Harmony One to learn. See if there is an IR transmit window at the front of the Roku remote and view it with a digital camera or cell phone that you know can 'see' IR (some devices like the IPhone 4S have IR filters built in, so you can't use them). First test your camera/cell phone with the Harmony One and if it can pick up IR, you will see bright blue/white flashes coming from the front of the Harmony One when you press a button that should send a signal. Once you've verified that your 'tester' can see IR, then check the Roku 3 remote. If you don't see any flashes, the remote is not sending an IR signal out.

Logi Visitor
barryware

The roku 3's remote is not an IR remote but the roku 3 accepts ir commands.

However, if you were able to add the device to the harmony 1,  you should not have to learn any comands. They are all there.

I have no problems. I have not checked because my roku 3's just work, but when I added the devices at the time, I was using roku 2 XS's.

If you have a choice between a roku 2 and a roku 3 when adding the device, choose a roku 2.

When I replaced my 2's with 3's, my remotes were already set up for the 2's and the 3's just worked.

I used the logitech software, not myharmony.com.

Logi Guru
Quin_at_HRR

Ah! Well, that should help clear things up a bit! You cannot use the remote to teach IR to the Harmony One, but the Harmony One should be able to control the Roku. Thanks - I was curious about that and I hope it helps the OP.

Logi Nu
CitizenSam

Do you have performance issues with the Harmony One and Roku 3?  Mine has been really bad.  There is always a delay and it all too often doesn't pick up the command at all.

Logi Nu
NDC55

I wont work ... it cant work.  The Harmony One is an infared device.  The Roku 3 remote is an RF device.  Two different technologies 

Logi Nu
MrChen911

NDC55 wrote:

I wont work ... it cant work.  The Harmony One is an infared device.  The Roku 3 remote is an RF device.  Two different technologies 

Not true.  The device must support both remote types.  Roku is listed under DVD's.  I typed Roku 3 and it works with my Harmony One remote.

Logi Nu
cnsf

I have a Harmony One, Logitech IR blaster and Roku 3.  The Roku doesn't respond well, if at all to the Harmony One.  When it does, it may go into a repeating mode where it gets stuck going left.  It may also not register at all.  When I take the blaster out of the equation (the devices are hidden in a closet), the Roku seems to respond to the remote.  Very weird.  I also tried taping the blaster to the Roku, placing it in front of the Roku and also placing it away from the Roku.  No luck.  I was able to use it with the 2 XS in the same configuration.  Any thoughts?  

Logi Nu
cnsf

Roku 3 and 2XS accept both the IR and Roku-paired RF remotes.