Logi Nu
Leeb18509

New Harmony One but not "Advanced"?

[ Edited ]

Can anyone tell me the difference between this Harmony One found at J&R on Pre-order

http://www.jr.com/logitech/pe/HMY_915000080/

and the normal Harmony One "Advanced" with a different PN 915000140?  I'd like to know what I'm actually ordering and would prefer the highly rated advanced version of course. 

Thanks,

Lee

Logi Legend II
rhachey

Re: Harmony One but not "Advanced"?

All Harmony One remotes are the same the different part number depends on the location (Country) that they are sold in only.

Logi Nu
Leeb18509

[ Edited ]

I found this on the Logitech site under the H-1 specs.

• PN 915-000140
  • Brown box packaging 915-000140
  • Standard packaging 915-000035
  •  

The J&R PN is sold in the US,  PN 915-000080, same as the 915-000140 that is sold everywhere else..  This one at J&R is a pre-order and listed at $149.  Seems like a good deal, but it also seems like it's a slightly different remote. 

They are selling 2 versions, the original that's $179 and this other one.  I just don't want a crippled version for slightly less money.

http://www.jr.com/product/productListing.jsp?Ntt=harmony+one

Logi Legend II
    rhachey

As I stated earlier all Harmony Ones have the same functionality, the different part number only refers to where they are sold.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
    DaneHarmony

Hi Leeb,

I would like to let you know that rhachey is correct.  All Harmony One's have the same features & functionality and the different 9-Level numbers you are posting only refer to the packaging.  Different countries, and different retail channels within those countries may have different packaging requirements.

For example, Amazon might request the frustration free packaging where it comes in a brown box to keep shipping & other costs lower, whereas a Best Buy will stock the full retail packaging to place on store shelves.

Hope this helps clear things up.

DaneHarmony

Logi Nu
    Leeb18509

That certainly makes sense, but why would the same vendor have one version (for lack of a better word) of a Harmony one on "Pre-order" at $149 and another available (albeit out of stock) at $179.  The difference in the description being the word "Advanced" and the resident PN?

I like to know what I'm buying so I cancelled my order for now.  I want an H1 to replace my 670 but I think I can wait until either more info comes out or I can find the one everyone else has bought for around $150 which I've seen before. 

Thanks for the help...

towboy123
    Topics: 124
    Kudos: 507
    Solutions: 152

Again they are all the same the only difference in the PN# is to where or what retailer they are going to.

___________________________________________________________________________________
    If you are looking for official Logitech Customer/Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<.
    Your Friendly Dish Network Technician
    My views don't represent Dish Networks views I am just here to help
    ___________________________________________________________________________________
    Harmony Link, Logitech Revue, Sanyo DP-55441 HDTV, Dish Network Hopper and 3 Joeys,
    Sony STR-DA3400ES, Sony BDP-S350 BluRay, Squeezebox Classic, Sony DVP CX875P, Sony iPod dock, Sony PS2, XBOX, Wii. Whats not being controlled by Harmony is a Phast-8 Amp and a Panamax Power Conditioner