Logi Browser
Nykolium

Power button (ON/OFF) of remote 785 doesn't work

Hi every body,
I was bought an 785 yesterday. no probleme for programming and learning...

But, only button doesn't work.
the POWER button of the remote do nothing when I push it. (and no "IR signal sending" icone on screen)
I try to set power managment, it still the same problem

When i push POWER button , the remote screen display "ACTIVITIES" like if I push the ACTIVITIES button, is it normaly?
Can anywone help me?
Do think i'ts an Hardware Probleme?
This probleme is the same fore all devices (TV, AMP, Projector...)

Please help me , I have only 3 day before pay off by the FNAC.
Thx for answere.

Logi Legend II
rhachey

Re: Power button (ON/OFF) of remote 785 doesn't work

The Power button is not a Power button as you might think, it is an Off Activity button, meaning it will turn off devices used in the last Activity not set to be Always On.  If you are trying to control one device in Device mode pressing the Off will do nothing, it will only work in Activities as an Off button.  When you press the Off button the Activities screen will be shown so that you can select and start an Activity.  By the way, have you setup Activities?

Logi Browser
Nykolium

thx for your answer rhachey

I'm sad if i can't use this button for turn on/off devices!
But I don't real understand... ACTIVITIES is only a IR macro?
So i was tryingto do one with my TV  ( Switch ON => input HDMI2=>Ambilight On)
This activities work fine. but, if i push POWER button of remote, Tv stay power on.

It's very strange , there is no ON/OFF button on this remote ? (By  the way, i can use REC button or Screen button)

So... can you explain, remap key is the only solution for switch on/off device like I want?

Logi Legend II
rhachey

Like I said before if you are in Device mode, pressing the Off button will have no effect, You need to setup Activities, such as Watch TV, you create the Activity adding the devices you want to control in the Activity such as your TV, Cable box, AV Receiver, then when you select the Watch TV Activity, your TV will turn on and be set to the correct input for your cable box, your Amplifier will turn on and also be set to the correct input, and your Cable box will turn on, you will then be able to change the channels for your cable box and if it is also a DVR the Transport buttons for the cable box will be mapped such as Fast Forward, Rewind, Play, Pause., and the volume control will be mapped for your AVR.  This will all be done by the press of one button.  When your are done with your viewing session press the Off button will turn off all of those devices not set to be Always On.

Logi Browser
Nykolium

thx.

I try it .

it work but it's not easy to use!

I was remape "rec" key for switch on device.( it's easyer to use)

thx for answere, have an happy new year.

Logi Legend II
rhachey

Happy New Year to you to and do come back if you have any more questions

Logi Master II
dennisu

Nykolium

I don't think that you understand that you have to set up the activities to use the remote.  If you do it is the easiest remote to use.  You do not use the devices button to operate the remote.