Logi Nu
richfei

Problems programming favorite channels on Harmony One remote for digital antenna

Remote - Harmony One
Devices - Sony TV, Onkyo Receiver
Activities - Watch TV Antenna

Device Status / Actions
Sony TV Sony TV is on
Onkyo AV Receiver Onkyo AV Receiver is on
Other All other devices are off
Sony TV Sony TV is set to "TV"
Onkyo AV Receiver Onkyo AV Receiver is set to "TV/CD"
Sony TV "Guide" command is sent to the Sony TV
Sony TV Sony TV is set to "Channel 11"
Sony TV "NumberEnter" command is sent to the Sony TV

Based on the above Harmony commands, When I select Watch TV Antenna, the TV and receiver comes on and the onscreen Sony TV Guide is activated and I watch digital channel 11 (NBC) on the antenna
This works

I don't want to program multiple activities for each channel i.e one for Fox, another for NBC etc
I just to directly go to pre-programmed channels using the Favorites on the remote but it's not working

If I goto Activity settings for Watch TV and choose 'Set Up Favorite Channels and add icons', I can enter channel numbers i.e 2, 5, 7 etc etc and save settings

However this doesn't change to digital channel 2, 5, 7 or goto the Guide to channel 2, 5, 7
It just sends the number to change the tv and I get white noise and I'm forced to hit the Guide button to enter the tvguide to enter the channel number

How do I program Favorites to trigger the digital channel numbes for Watch TV Antenna ?

Logi Master
idicev

Re: Problems programming favorite channels on Harmony One remote for digital antenna

[ Edited ]

richfei wrote:
...However this doesn't change to digital channel 2, 5, 7 or goto the Guide to channel 2, 5, 7

It just sends the number to change the tv and I get white noise and I'm forced to hit the Guide button to enter the tvguide to enter the channel number

How do I program Favorites to trigger the digital channel numbes for Watch TV Antenna ?

It seems that, with your original remote, sending 2, 5, 7 would not go to channel 257 so what commands are needed please?

- if you really do need to do: 'goto the Guide', 2, 5, 7',  then the command for 'Guide' needs to precede the numbers. If that is the case you need to somehow do the same before using the favourites button for e.g. 257.

You could simply press a button on HOne for 'go to guide' or you could conceivably teach to one of the Device's number buttons (providing one can be spared) the command for 'go to Guide' and insert that 'number' (which you had changed to 'go to guide') in front of each favourite number

Logitech Employee
PKHarmony

Re: Problems programming favorite channels on Harmony One remote for digital antenna

Hello richfei,

Please follow the procedure and let us know if that helped.

Login to Harmony Remote Software -> Devices Tab -> Select the device (Ex. Sony TV) -> Settings -> Troubleshoot -> Show me more problems -> Changing channels using the number buttons on the remote doesn't work correctly -> Number(s) and then enter (or select) -> Number(s) and then enter (or select): -> Select 'NumberEnter' from the list. -> Done. Once you have completed, kindly "Update' the remote

Best Regards,
PKHarmony

If a reply resolves your issue, you can help other users also by clicking "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos".

Signature

All opinions written here are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer.