Logi Nu
gig3

Replacement battery Harmony one remote

Purchased Harmony One Universal Remote exactly one year ago.....Model WD814xm. Battery loses charge after one hour. Two questions: Where can I get a replacement battery and battery doesn't seem to come out easily, is there a learning curve to remove or am I just not getting it? TIA
Logi Legend
WannabeActuary

Re: Replacement battery Harmony one remote

gig3 wrote:
Purchased Harmony One Universal Remote exactly one year ago.....Model WD814xm. Battery loses charge after one hour. Two questions: Where can I get a replacement battery and battery doesn't seem to come out easily, is there a learning curve to remove or am I just not getting it? TIA

model number?

the model is "One"

replacement battery is in stock (online only) at best buy

as far as removing the battery...unless it's expanded, it should be very easy to remove....lay the remote flat on the table, flip it over so the touch screen is down, remove the battery cover...press in on the battery and lift the battery up over the lip...it should now remove easily....

if the battery has expanded, contact support

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays
Logi Nu
leopold

Do you have a picture for harmony  ones battery replacement with the force directions?

Yours sincerely

Siegfried

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

Hi Siegfried and welcome to the forum.

With the Harmony face down press the small recessed oval black button at the bottom of the glossy black area and at  the same time use the three small indentations on the silver-grey part below that to push the part downwards, then very lightly press the battery downwards and ease it very gently forward when it will spring out.

Logi Nu
leopold

Thank you for your help. It is no problem to remove the silver-grey part. But if press the battery downwards it is very hard and nothing

happens. The battery does not spring out. Perhaps the tolerances of the battery geometrie are very bad.

Thank you again.

Baye, Baye

Logi Legend II
rhachey

You don't push down on the battery to remove it, you push the end of the battery towards the front of the remote and lift up, then pull it out.

Logi Nu
cayman2010

I'm having the exact same issue. Device is NOT that old and already the battery seems drained. In addition, I cannot remove the battery to see which one I need to order. I've ready your suggestions here and it's still NOT coming out easily. Should I get something to force it out?

Logi Legend II
rhachey

It sounds like your Battery has swelled, contact Harmony support right away.

Logi Apprentice
EMILY2006

Do not force battery out of remote.  It could leak --as indicated earlier contach logitech support.

Logi Nu
cayman2010

Seems to be an issue with removing this battery. I had to use an instrument to take mine out and then kept pulling it slowly and slowly and after about 5 minutes it came out. It does look a little swollen on the top. Perhaps Logitech should address this issue.

Where's the best place to get a replacement battery online?