Logi Nu
ArnaudUSA

Screen gone black on my Harmony one remote

Hi Guys,

I have a 1.5 years old Harmony one remote, and I am experiencing issues with the screen.

It is sometimes working, and sometimes it is completely black.

When it is black, the backlight on the sides (to navigate the menus) are working, and the screen by itself is sensitive since I can use the remote by pressing the screen where I know the different commands are.

What's really getting me is the fact that the screen is lit less and less often, even if once in a while it will work normally.

I haven't been able to find any feedback from someone who has experienced the same problems.

I have heard people who had issues with blackscreen because of the motion sensor in the camera, but this isnt it since the side arrow are lighting up when I move the remote...

I have tried to upgrade the firmware of the remote, change the parameters of my programs and update the remote, with no success.

It is kinda hard to swallow that a 200$ + piece of equipemenrt is failling down after only 18 month of moderate use....

Any advise, tip, are more than welcome!

Thanks guys!

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
JohnHarmony2

Re: Screen gone black on my Harmony one remote

Try putting the remote into safe mode:

1. pull the battery

2. press and hold power

3. reinsert the battery while holding the power button

Once this is done run the firmware again:

"Upgrading/Reapplying the firmware on your Harmony Remote"

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10747/section/troubleshoot/crid/440/lt_p...

Logi Nu
ArnaudUSA

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I tried to do as indicated, however, when I put the battery back on, and update the firmware and then re-start the remote, the screen is still black, but active, and the backlight on the arrows and activities working also...

Kinda desperate about what to do and not willing to throw away a 200$ piece of equipment after 18 month....

Thanks for the feedback...

Logi Nu
mc79

having the same issues as you. the arrow buttons light up but the main touchscreen can become so dim that you can't read any of the buttons. Seems to be happening very frequently. Have you had any success in fixing this issue?

Logi Nu
jeggy

I've had the same issue with mine (screen has blanked out repeatedly), in the past the display would come back on its own - none of the suggestions from support did anything for it.  Now it went out again 3 days ago and is still blank.  The touch screen functions as do the buttons, but what good is a touch screen when you can't read anything on it??  Sent another complaint yesterday. 

Logi Nu
rnb1969

[ Edited ]

know this is old but as i just had this very problem I figured i'd post my fix for others who might stumble across this thread. My symptoms were as described. Black screen and intermittent issues with it being on and off. It looked like the LCD was failing. Tried the safe mode reflashed huge pain as i run linux if you're listening logitech you should really address a cross platform solution. Anyway the reload had no effect and being out of warranty I decided to open it up.

Harmony One remove the battery and cover,  you will see 2 screws. Remove those screws, under the part number label there are 2 additional screws remove those as well. On the back the rubber guard I removed with and old credit card there is an additional 3 screws. Now you can separate the 2 halves of the remote. Look 3/4 of the way up the left side you'll see clear tape over a small flexible board plugged into the main board itself. On my this had become loose giving issues, dim screen , screen off all together etc. Reseating the connector cured the issue. It is worth looking at before pitching the remote.. I love the harmonys function but I'm 2 for 2 with issues due to poor design.