Logi Browser
Boyband

Sticky Buttons on Harmony One

Thanks to the kids, the Exit, Vol + and Vol - (and very slightly on Menu) buttons on my Harmony One are starting to get very stiff and sticky feeling. I think that they have probbly spilt something on it.

Does anyone have any instructions or information on how to disassemble the remote so that I can clean the undersides of the keys?

I tried removing the two screws under the silver battery compartment cover but the front section didn't budge.

Thanks

Richard

Logi Legend II
rhachey

Re: Sticky Buttons on Harmony One

You would probably do more damage to it trying to take it apart, the H1 and the 900 do not come apart easily

Logi Browser
Boyband

Any suggestions on how else I can get to the keys or to clean them then?

I can't put up with the keys like this and I can't justify leaving something so expensive to sit and collect dust while I use a standard remote instead because it's design doesn't allow for it to be cleaned.

TV remotes are prone to getting sticky keys through one way or another: Popcorn, drinks, kids, etc. Logitech must have thought of this.

towboy123
Topics: 126
Kudos: 507
Solutions: 152

A product similar to this can help but there is now way you can expect any company to make provisions for you to correct misuse of there product.  Kids are something you have to watch out for but there a reason kids toys are not High dollar electronics.  Popcorn and beverages clearly should not be mixed with any electronic.

___________________________________________________________________________________
If you are looking for official Logitech Customer/Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<.
Your Friendly Dish Network Technician
My views don't represent Dish Networks views I am just here to help
___________________________________________________________________________________
Harmony Home Control, Hopper Sling and Wireless Joey, Sony XBR55X850B, Sony STR-DA3400ES, Sony PS4.
Whats not being controlled by Harmony is a Phast-8 Amp and a Panamax Power Conditioner
Logi Browser
Boyband

Correct, popcorn and drinks shouldn't mix with the remote, but we all know that it will at some point and when designing this product, they should have taken that into account (AKA Make it servicable through disassembly).

Logi Legend II
rhachey

[ Edited ]

Why should a company design a product to be easily taken apart in case of misuse by the user, when this very fact will void the warranty

Logi Browser
Boyband

Customer satisfaction?

Warranty only runs for 1 year and product should last longer than that?

towboy123
Topics: 126
Kudos: 507
Solutions: 152

I have a 3 year old 890 and a 890pro and both have never seen a drop of fluid or food

I also had a 550 for at least 2 years that was sold in perfect condition.

I don't see how a company should be asked to make their product easy to take apart to repair misuse.  If it does come apart thats great but it should not be a requirement 

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer/Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<.
Your Friendly Dish Network Technician
My views don't represent Dish Networks views I am just here to help
Harmony Home Control, Hopper Sling and Wireless Joey, Sony XBR55X850B, Sony STR-DA3400ES, Sony PS4.
Whats not being controlled by Harmony is a Phast-8 Amp and a Panamax Power Conditioner
Logi Legend II
rhachey

Boyband wrote:

Customer satisfaction?

Warranty only runs for 1 year and product should last longer than that?

Yes it should last longer, but you can't fault a company if the product is misused

Logi Nu
erlydoptr

Too true!

The case does split, just not easily.  After peeling off the rubberized underside (even held by double sided tape) and removing 'all' the mini- phillips screws (6 or 7 if I remember), the case can and does separate.  Careful prying of the edges will reveal the split.

CAUTION!!!:smileysurprised:

DO NOT fully separate the top and bottom halves before you locate the connector ribbon from the board to the touch screen.  The connector block of the ribbon on the screen (top) side is extremely weak!  <DOH>

Carefully split the case so that the ribbon is not disturbed.  The 'keys' membrane can then removed for cleaning and replacement.

My first attempt was disastrous  -  found a fix for the connector problem.   Strictly 'Rube Goldberg', but i hated to own a $250 paperweight.

Good luck!