12-06-2010 10:45 PM
I have an issue with the TOPFIELD TRF2400 PVR when turning OFF the activity that the Topfield is used in.
When the Topfield is recording, and you try to turn it OFF, it PROMPTS you to say that it is recording, and are you sure you want to turn it off. If you say YES then the recording does not continue as in a standby mode. If you are not recording at the time, then the device CAN be turned off, and programmed recording will occur when it falls due.
My question is, how do you set up the harmony in this case? When leaving the PVR activity for whatever reason, the PVR MAY be recording, and I still want to exit the acivity by either going to another activity or turning everything 'off' for the evening.
(If the PVR is NOT recording at the time I exit the activity there is NO issue.)
Thanks .. Ian
12-07-2010 02:55 AM
same problem occured some time ago in our german forum and one found this solution:
1. Change power-setting to "A button on the remote for On, and a different button for Off"
2. Power-On --> My device needs more than one command to turn it on and off.
3. Add these Commands: Exit + PowerToggle + Exit
4. Power Off --> Only take PowerToggle
What will happen now:
When the Topfield is recording and the harmony tries to turn it off, the question comes up but recording stays active.
If you start an activity with the Topfield
- the first Exit will close the question
- the Topfield will come up because he's still running
- the PowerToggle now will try to switch off the Topfield again (the question comes up again)
- the second exit deletes this question again and the Topfield is running normal incl. the still active recording
If the Topfield is off completely (without any recording) both exit-commands do nothing. The Topfield comes up as he should.
Take in mind that changing the power-settings in the above way will "destroy" the help-function a little, as the harmony thinks, there are "really" different power-commands but there are not. So it may happen the the Topfield is switched off while running due to the help-function will send the PowerToggle.
12-07-2010 11:36 AM - edited 12-07-2010 11:40 AM
I had a friend with roughly the same problem. Corrected that by having the PVR left on at all times. Works perfectly. Just redo the device and click "I want to leave this device on at all times" when asked by the software.