Logi Browser
wertkette

Update: Server problem still not solved

[ Edited ]
Hi,

I just started another update. My remote received a new firmare (4.4.2), since then I'm able to delete devices again and the double press error also seems to be fixed.

However, all my established activities have been deleted.. Should I be delighted or annoyed now?

Message Edited by wertkette on 08-10-2008 09:54 AM
Logi Guru
jdbower

Re: Server problem seems to be solved - New Firmware

I would call tech support and see if they can restore your configuration files.

Are you a WannabeFAQreader?
Logi Nu
redec

anyone dare to verify this? :smileytongue:
Logi Nu
tboo72

Didnt work for me. :smileysad:
Logi Visitor
SandManx

Didn't work for me either.  How do you tell what firmware is loaded on the remote?
Logi Browser
wertkette

Sorry, I have to qualify my first posting:

In my case the error concerning the deletion of devices is fixed, the double press error now "only" occurs when I use the remote in the activity mode, not when a device is controlled individually.

However, after some additional checks it is clear that even more errors are currently identifiable: Not all saved commands are transferred to the remote or some devices can not be controlled as a whole.

The german support says the only reason for that are server problems. They hope that the problem can be solved on monday. All affected customers that still have problems on monday evening would have to call the 2nd level support in canada.

Regarding the firmware relase: After pressing "update remote" and "next" there is a button "show status". During the update of the remote you will find here helpful information such as the current firmware.
Logi Guru
bevhoward

>> qualify my first posting <<

If you have a moment, would you consider editing the subject line of your original post to qualify it so that those who just read the headers might remain cautious until there is confirmation that things have been fixed?

Thanks in advance,
Beverly Howard
Logi Nu
jwsr

[ Edited ]
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but an old timer with my 880 for over 3 years now.

I just junked my old Tosh 50" RPTV this week and got a Panny 50" Plasma, and a new Onkyo 606 receiver.  Couldn't have picked a better time to update my remote!  I too, have been going nuts with the repeats in "Watch TV" activity, and thought it was something I did wrong.  I'm glad I found this thread.

Here's what I found and accomplished just an hour ago (11:30 am).  First, not only was my DishNetwork VIP 722 doubling up on repeats, but my receiver was also getting them at super speed.  With volume up, the red signal light on the receiver looked like a machine gun firing.  Hit "Dim display," and it would dim two steps at a time.

The first thing I did was what someone here said about going the other way to 5 on the repeats on the DVR only.  That did nothing.  I then set the receivers repeats to 5.  Cured that problem.  It will now advance the volume one step at a time, and the same with Dim Display.

I then took a chance and updated the firmware to version 4.4.2 and dropped the DVR repeats to 2.  Now the DVR is responding one step at a time on all buttons as it should on a lower number.  Strange though, that my receiver needs to remain on a high number (5) while my Sat/DVR is down on 2.  Doing this didn't cause me to lose any settings or custom button arrangements, thankfully!

I can't understand how, if the firmware fixed the repeat issue with my DVR, that it didn't also fix the issue with the receiver in the "Watch TV" activity??

This was the first time I've ever had any trouble with my old 880.  I hope Harmony get it all worked out.

JW

BTW, forgot to add that my software is version 7.4.3

Message Edited by jwsr on 08-10-2008 10:48 AM
Logi Nu
Skiffy

jwsr wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but an old timer with my 880 for over 3 years now.

I just junked my old Tosh 50" RPTV this week and got a Panny 50" Plasma, and a new Onkyo 606 receiver.  Couldn't have picked a better time to update my remote!  I too, have been going nuts with the repeats in "Watch TV" activity, and thought it was something I did wrong.

Same thing here. Got rid of my old 57" Hitachi RPTV and got a 52" Sammy LCD. The TV's great, but I went around and around trying to figure what I'd done wrong with updating my remote before I visited the forums.

Logitech really needs a way to back out changes and restore a "known good" condition.