Logi New
GlobalArchitect
Accepted Solution

Windows 7 Issues with Logitech Harmony Remote Software 7.6.0

I just upgraded from Windows XP 64-Bit to Windows 7 64-Bit Ultimate and now my Harmony 900 will not connect to the Logitech Harmony Remote 7.6.0 software.  The software itself has all of my information and works without any issues.

However when I go to update the remote, the Communicating screen just stays at 0% and never connects.  I never get an error but I never connect.  The remote itself shows the USB icon so it thinks it is connected...

Can somebody pleae help?!?

Logi Guru
bevhoward

Re: Windows 7 Issues with Logitech Harmony Remote Software 7.6.0

>> Can somebody pleae help?!? <<

no, but a suggestion (that I assume will _NOT_ work but is worth trying...

make sure the software is not running (no icon in the systray) then, right click on the icon that starts the software and set the compatibility mode to XP)

Please report back,

Beverly Howard

Logi New
GlobalArchitect

That did not help - do you have a driver for this remote?  There is nothing on the Windows 7 machine for Harmony Remotes

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
DaneHarmony

[ Edited ]

Hello GlobalArchitect, and welcome to the forums.

There is no driver needed for Windows 7.  Aside from uninstalling, and reinstalling the Logitech Harmony Remote Software I would check device manager and your network/firewall settings to ensure all is okay.

When the remote is plugged in you will see an option under 'Network Adapter' for 'RemoteControl USB LAN LINK'.  If not, then the PC isn't recognizing the remote, and you may need to uninstall any 'Unknown' device or reboot your PC and try different USB port. (W7a)

Also if BitDefender comes up, it defaults to Public Network.  Choose Home network instead.  (screenshots provided) (W7b)

I also put in a screenshot to show that it will come up in your Networks list as a Local Area Connection, and I grabed the details of that connection while it was updating.  (W7c & W7d)

Regards,

DaneHarmony

W7a.JPG

W7b.JPG

W7c.JPG

W7d.JPG

Logi Nu
sjmiles

I have this same problem. I appreciate the extensive information DaneHarmony provided, but in my case attaching the remote simply has no effect in Windows.

No devices appear in device manager at all (no unkown devices, no HID devices, nothing happens). Fwiw, the remote (880) did connect exactly one time a few days ago, but has never connected since.

I tried reinstalling the software and I've tried every USB port on my PC.

Either Windows has decided this is device no-grata or the maybe the usb hardware in the remote is on the fritz? The remote indicates "USB Connected" when I attach the cable.

Logi New
GlobalArchitect

So I contacted Logitech directly and they had me specifically go to the 890 Pro Support page and download the desktop software from that page after uninstalling my current version. 

Behind the scenes, I went to Printers and Devices and then I clicked on the Bella Carra devices => Properties => Drivers and I uninstalled the driver.  This made the device an unknown device.  I then uninstalled the desktop software and then installed the version referenced above.

That ended udoing the trick - everything started working properly.  I am not sure if the 890 version was the difference or if uninstalling the driver did the trick but everything works fine now...

towboy123
Topics: 126
Kudos: 507
Solutions: 152

GlobalArchitect wrote:

So I contacted Logitech directly and they had me specifically go to the 890 Pro Support page and download the desktop software from that page after uninstalling my current version. 

Behind the scenes, I went to Printers and Devices and then I clicked on the Bella Carra devices => Properties => Drivers and I uninstalled the driver.  This made the device an unknown device.  I then uninstalled the desktop software and then installed the version referenced above.

That ended udoing the trick - everything started working properly.  I am not sure if the 890 version was the difference or if uninstalling the driver did the trick but everything works fine now...

Could you provide a link to that page

___________________________________________________________________________________
If you are looking for official Logitech Customer/Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<.
Your Friendly Dish Network Technician
My views don't represent Dish Networks views I am just here to help
___________________________________________________________________________________
Harmony Home Control, Hopper Sling and Wireless Joey, Sony XBR55X850B, Sony STR-DA3400ES, Sony PS4.
Whats not being controlled by Harmony is a Phast-8 Amp and a Panamax Power Conditioner
Logi New
GlobalArchitect

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/440/3865&hub=1&cl=us,en - Click on DOwnloads and choose Vista for WIndows 7...

Logi Nu
sjmiles

This sounds important but I can't quite decipher it:

I went to Printers and Devices and then I clicked on the Bella Carra devices => Properties => Drivers and I uninstalled the driver

I don't have any devices in Devices and Printers that might be related to the remote, and in general I don't know what "Bella Carra" means in this context. Is that the name of the device on your system?

Thanks for following up GlobalArchitect.

Logi New
GlobalArchitect

When I plugged the Harmony Remote into my Windows 7 computer, a new device called Bella Cara apeared - this is not a real device (it is called something like a BLAN) but rather it is WIndows 7 attempt to load the remote.  There are other posts on this forum about Vista not understanding a Harmony remote and using this same device type.

Just look for the device that appears when you plug in your remote.  Of course, you need to understand the risk in uninstalling drivers as they cn cause other devices to fail - I just took a chance and it paid off.