Logi Browser
Griftr

charging 1000i makes a noise

I'm charging my 1000i for maybe the third time since I've gotten it a couple of months ago and the charger or remote is making a constant high pitched ringing sound when the remote is placed in the cradle.  This is after I plugged the USB connector into my remote and ran the update.

Anybody have this experience?
Logi Rook

Re: charging 1000i makes a noise

I also get the high pitched noise when I first put the 1000 on the charger but it stops once the LCD turns off.  This has always been true even b4 I started doing updates.  Bob L.
Logi Apprentice
DonHarmony

Hi there,

Try adjusting the backlight to either exactly 50% or 100%.  Test this out and let me know if you still get the high pitched ringing sound.

To adjust the backlight brightness on your remote, please follow these steps:

1. Press the wrench icon (system options) in the top-right corner of the LCD.
  2. Press the Remote Settings button.
  3. Press the Backlight button.
  4. Use the brightness slider bar to adjust the backlight brightness.
  5. Press the OK button.

Hope this helps!

Kindest Regards,

Don

Kindest Regards,

Don
Logi Browser
Griftr

Hi Don,

Turning it to 50% still had the high pitched whine.  At 100% it disappeared.  What is the known issue?

I have the backlight down to almost the lowest setting as my room is usually quite dark and I do not want to waste battery life having it at full brightness when there's no need.

Is there a better fix than having to change the backlight to full before cradling it?  Then again, the behaviour has changed recently and it only whines while the slideshow is going.  Once the screen powers off for charging, the whining goes away.

-G.

PS thanks for the response.  I hadn't checked the forums until today.