Logi Nu
paullyllama

harmony one suddenly went into safe mode!!!!!!!!!!!!! cannot get it out

Suddenly my 250.00 harmony remote went into safe mode, any reason why, battery, etc.....
Logi Guru
jdbower

Re: harmony one suddenly went into safe mode!!!!!!!!!!!!! cannot get it out

Usually Safe Mode is entered by hitting the power button while changing the battery but it wouldn't surprise me if a random fault could cause it. Try updating the firmware and then updating the remote again.

Are you a WannabeFAQreader?
Logi Nu
paullyllama

tried that, wouldn't go all the way thru the update process, froze up
Logi Nu
lbarre

I have the harmony one and it went in safe mode i tried holding the power button when i took the battery out and it still stayed in safe mode I finally figured out if you hold the OK button when you put the battery back in it took it out of safe mode. 

Logi Visitor
Chappy

[ Edited ]

Fantastic!

5 years after this thread was started, it saves me, which is exactly how user forums are supposed to work!  Took the Harmony One battery out just to clean the remote, which I do often, but this time it went directly to safe mode when I put the battery back in and wouldn't do anything.  I tried removing/reinstalling the battery numerous times to see if it would reboot properly on its own, it doesn't.

Found this thread and it's an instant fix!

Thank you "Ibarre" and hopefully future users also find this as well (since I've added more detail for search engine purposes).