03-11-2011 09:52 AM
I've had my Harmony 650 since Xmas, and my feeling is that while it's a great concept, and great if it works, it's just too flaky. At first everything worked fine, but lately I've had multiple issues crop up. Some of the problems:
1. Start my "Watch TV" activity. Denon AVR-791 receiver turns on...a few seconds later, Samsung LNT5265f TV turns on. All fine--except that the TV starts cycling through the various inputs...HDMI, S-Video, Air, Game, PC, etc. But not ALL the time--for instance, I just tried starting the activity and it worked fine. Last night it didn't. Over the previous week it sometimes worked and sometimes didn't. And yes, I've tried setting the power on delays so that the TV comes on after the receiver so that it's got a signal to detect, made sure there aren't any strange HDMI CEC settings overtaking things, etc.
2. Start my "Karaoke" activity. Denon receiver, TV, and Popcorn Hour all turn on without a problem. I can use all without a problem. I control the volume on the Denon receiver, and I control arrow keys and Enter on the Popcorn Hour, all with the Harmony. However, after a while, I can't control volume on the Denon. When I look at the Harmony remote, it's showing the list of Activities. I can't select "current activity" like apparently you can do on the Harmony One. The only thing I can do is either turn everything off, or re-select the Karaoke activity--in which case the Popcorn Hour powers off since it's a toggle power switch.
3. Have had strange issues where the remote stays "on" even though it's supposed to power off after 10 seconds. This has drained the batteries a couple of times.
Note that all three of these things don't happen ALL the time. Only every so often. It's driving me crazy.
03-11-2011 11:19 AM
1. Samsung should have discrete input commands. Use method 2 so it won't ever have to scroll.
2. Normally just press devices or activities button twice to return to the current activity without running the macro again. It's not normal for it to return to the activity list by itself. All harmony's work the same way in this respect, not just the ONE.
3. Shouldn't be doing this. I'll call that a hardware defect. I'd exchange it if I were you.
08-14-2013 03:44 AM
I have 7.7 software and my Samsung HT-5400 scrolls and doesn't pick the right input. I think this might help me as I can't seem to get the remote to work at all.
How do I administer Method 2?
08-14-2013 10:41 AM
In the software, select Devices, select Your TV, Select Settings, select Adjust Inputs, Select Method 2, then on the next page check that the proper inputs are listed, on the next page, be sure the correct commands are assigned to each input.
Another problem with the TV not going to the correct input at startup is if the Power On delay for the TV is not set high enough. On the 650, this is done on the remote. Hold the Help button for 5 seconds to get to the Advance setting area. I have 2 Samsung TVs, one requires an Power On delay setting of 13000ms or 13 seconds and the other requires a settings of 10500ms or 10.5 seconds
08-15-2013 11:43 AM
My HT-E5400 is a BD/DVD amp. I did my best to try and use method 2 and i'm sorry but I just could't make it work. To change input to my amp it requires me to press the "function button" and no where could I find a function button selection.
The problem with the TV...UN40F550AF is it never goes to the TV input.
I probably have at least 4 hours invested and I haven't been able to get it working yet.
I own 2 Harmony One remotes and both work as advertized with many more devices connected then this...great remote. The 650 was just a bad investment....Frustrated!