Logi Legend
WannabeActuary
Accepted Solution

"Unofficial*" request to bring sequences to the 900 and 1100

[ Edited ]

PLEASE READ FIRST!

1. please only post once in the thread (so that replies = # of 'signatures')

2. please only post if you want to see sequences added to the 900 and 1100 (if it's even technically possible)

3. know that we said this would be a large issue of contention when it came up in each beta test, but we made no ground on logitech...hopefully this might help

4. to clarify for those not familiar, sequences are NOT activities.  activities (which still exist) are 'fluid' combinations of commands based on the remotes 'current state'....sequences are what everyone else calls macros.  they are a fixed set string of commands, regardless of anything else.

and away we go....

I, Wannabe Actuary, officially sign my name to the petition asking for sequences on these two remotes.

EDIT - I've received word from logitech that 1. this won't be made a sticky, so if you feel this is important, be sure to sign the petition and keep it near the top for others to find and 2. feedback from THIS thread WILL be passed on to the development team (at least for future remotes).  So, the more signatures the better our chances are of getting sequences back for future remotes, if not on these two (but we can hope).
UPDATE to clarify - this is not, and likely will never be, an 'official' document.  I'm calling it the 'official' petition so that other threads/comments about the lack of sequences don't pop up and get separated.  Our best effort is to keep this clean and concise so that the feedback can be passed on to the development team in as easy a manner as possible.  Separate threads make it harder to pass the feedback to the development team and will confuse future posters that would like to sign the petition and have their voice heard.  Calling it the 'official' petition, in order to keep in to one thread is a common technique among other boards like the AVSforum.
THANKS IN ADVANCE for sticking to the guidelines above and doing what you can to help create the best remotes possible
Message Edited by WannabeActuary on 08-15-2009 08:34 PM

Samsung LCD HDTV (LN52B750), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic BluRay Player (DMP-BD55), Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR806), XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, SlingCatcher....all with my Harmony 1100 w/ Wireless Extender
Samsung LCD HDTV (LN40B640), Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box (Explorer 8300HD), Panasonic Blu-Ray Player (DMP-BD60), SlingCatcher, Monoprice HDMI Switch (HDX-501)....all with my Harmony 900 w/ 2 Blasters

(Note: I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc.) Have you seen the FAQ Sticky? Useful Links Definition of Delays
Logi Nu
apranger

Re: Official petition for bringing sequences to the 900 and 1100

/signed.

Who knows, maybe someone will even recognize this as valuable customer input :smileyhappy:

towboy123
Topics: 124
Kudos: 505
Solutions: 152

[ Edited ]

I, towboy123, officially sign my name to the petition asking for sequences on these two remotes.

I figure this should go here as well

This is a triple blow No Sound/Picture Buttons, Multi Room capabilties, Or Sequences.  This has kept me from the 1100 and now the 900.  All of these features I use.  Not sure why we are going backwards.  And with the 890 pro discontinued they will lose customers that need these(mostly the Multi Room).  Activities just can't handle Multi Room functions as elegantly as I would like.  The things I was willing to deal with(like plugging in the extender) where fixed while removing some of the more advanced feature I come to love. 

Edit I broke down and bought an 1100

___________________________________________________________________________________
If you are looking for official Logitech Customer/Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<.
Your Friendly Dish Network Technician
My views don't represent Dish Networks views I am just here to help
___________________________________________________________________________________
Harmony Link, Logitech Revue, Sanyo DP-55441 HDTV, Dish Network Hopper and 3 Joeys,
Sony STR-DA3400ES, Sony BDP-S350 BluRay, Squeezebox Classic, Sony DVP CX875P, Sony iPod dock, Sony PS2, XBOX, Wii. Whats not being controlled by Harmony is a Phast-8 Amp and a Panamax Power Conditioner
Logi Visitor
kktk

Same here.

Bring 'em back.

Logi Journeyman

+1
randy c
s. california, usa
your source for harmony remote favorites icons: www.iconharmony.com!
follow harmony icon updates and av news at: twitter & facebook!

Please click on the "Accept as Solution" if you have resolved your issue.
Logi Apprentice
Carl99

YES - bring sequences back!

User of Harmony Link/Touch/Smart/Ultimate (and before Harmony 300, 600, One, 900, 1000 and 1100 w/wireless ext)
Logi Nu
HoloQuest

Sign me up for the petition!

If Logitech wants a 900 sale from me it is a must have. I rely heavily on sequences to run my PC from my One, and I could not accomplish this on the 900...

Rick

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

Hereby signed.

The signatures of those who already have a 900 or 1100 won't count much - but the first comments from potential 900 buyers have all included the point, and already some have said clearly that it is a definite no-no, so maybe their voices will sound louder.

H H

Logi Rook
BabyDoc

Sign me up on this petition, too!

I am considering upgrading my Harmony One to a Harmony 900, but have reservations about taking a step backwards when it comes to sequence capability with the 900.   If I can't access a device without a sequence, what good is the RF non-directionality?  I would have to stick with the IR Harmony One, or consider a different RF remote from another maker.  

Logi Legend II
rhachey

I, rhachey, officially sign my name to the petition asking for sequences on these two remotes.