Logi Nu
e3xit

Re: Crackling Issues with G930 Solved.

I too have a G930 with cracking issues, AND my cracking issues did not begin until I installed my EVGA GTX 460 - but I'm not sure if yours is exactly the same issue as mine so allow me to clarify:

I DO NOT hear any popping from the G930 headset while I am using it.

I DO hear random popping noises through my Bose Companion 2.1 speakers when I have them selected as my primary listening device in my Windows sound settings and the G930 is plugged in and charging but the headphones are turned off.  If I mute the G930 microphone (which isn't turned on but is plugged in and charging in this scenario) I no longer hear the popping noise.

It was difficult for me to arrive at this conclusion because the popping noise did not begin when I installed the GTX 460 or when I installed the G930 - it was closer in time to when I installed an additional 2 GB RAM and at the same time I installed a new R.A.T. 5 gaming mouse - due to the timing of the issues I was looking at the gaming mouse more that I was looking at the GTX 460 for a solution to this issue.

My issue has been occurring for about a month and a half now and it's more of an annoyance than a serious problem, and I just began looking into fixing the issue within the last day or two.  Now that I know the popping is related to the G930 (not an obvious source due to it being off and sound being routed through the speakers) I am going to begin working on different configurations in an attempt to discern exactly where the popping is coming from, be it signal interference getting picked up by the receiver, the headphones themselves plugged into the USB port for charging, the GTX 460, the R.A.T. 5 mouse combined with the G930, etc.  I will do what I can to get to the root of the problem and find a viable solution for the issue and try to report back.  

Too many people are having this issue for us not to be able to put our heads together and come up with a cause and workaround.  Together, we can overcome where Logitech's R&D has failed.  At this point I can say that it IS without a doubt the G930 causing the popping noise in my Bose speakers - just not how or why.  Let's DO this!  Rawr!

Logi Journeyman
Asmodian

[ Edited ]

I suspect your issue is also related to your power supply.  Which power supply are you using?

I remember having a weird buzzing noise in my speakers when using the mouse wheel.  Changing the mouse didn't help but changing the power supply stopped it.  Also changing the overclock of the fsb changed the character of the buzzing noise (no oc didn't stop it) and I assume changing the motherboard would have fixed it too.  This was a while ago, before I got my G930s.  I just mention this story to show how the EMI of all your devices can have weird effects that are not really the fault of any one device.  I have also had a lot of EMI issues when adding RAM.

The reason I think your issue is related to your power supply is because it started when getting a new video card which are classic high power devices and the G930s seem to be very picky and ill behaved with power (issues with hubs).

mmorpgwizard

[ Edited ]

When playing the new Korean version of Tera online, I ran into the this same issue. As soon as I installed new Nvidia graphics drivers the game and Ventrilo, suddenly started crackling (Only when playing this game) COD4, Crysis2, and all others worked fine. To fix it, I just went to Control Panel / Sound / Logitech G930 / Properties / Advanced / and unchecked the box which "allow applications to take exclusive control of this device". All works perfectly now. Hope this helps some of you also.

Logi Journeyman
Asmodian

Wow! nice find, thanks for reporting it. :smileyvery-happy:

Mike930

Didn't work for me, Too bad :mansad:

Logi Nu
pettusandrew

Is this how Logitech treats their valued customers? Ignoring them? C'mon Logitech, a solution would be nice.

I have a fairly new (less than 2 month old) Dell XPS laptop.

I recently purchased a G930 (2 weeks ago) and have noticed the crackling and popping noises in general and have ignored them; but as of today, I finally put two and two together and realized that the headset receives a bunch of interference while using my internal Wi-Fi card connected to a wireless N router. (Or any router for that matter).

Want to know what the G930 has in common with Wi-Fi? They both use the exact same frequency of 2.4GHz, because aside from that frequency, and the 5.8GHz range, you don't have much unlicensed (thanks FCC) spectrum to play with as a radio engineer. In regards to Wi-Fi, the only frequencies Wi-Fi uses are 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz, and with a "N" type router, all the channels on the 2.4 gig carrier are taken up, leaving very little room for our poor G930's to allocate a spot.

Why Logitech has not gone up to the 24GHz spectrum (also unlicensed) is beyond me, instead they develop a headset that uses the exact same frequencies and channels that routers do, and it gets blasted by interference when downloading from said routers.

FEC doesn't mean jack when you are getting blasted by a wireless N signal.

So Logitech, your move. Got a solution for us? Recall all the headsets? I don't feel that going out and BUYING another device (external USB hub) is a very solid solution for a company that makes SOLUTIONS. Likewise, having to disable something from my BIOS or from my device manager doesn't seem too user friendly either. If it is truly the case that my computer is not designed from either an engineering standpoint and or a software standpoint to handle the G930 headset, does Logitech feel that they can mislead their customers into thinking that it is infact designed to operate?

Quotes from the G930's spec page: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/headsets/devices/7248

"System Requirements: Windows® XP, Windows Vista® or Windows® 7"

Windows 7, clear as day.

"Wireless: Interference resistance: forward error correction and dynamic channel selection"

Interference resistance, haven't encountered any of that yet.

So again Logitech, without having to disable a BIOS function, without having to purchase something else, or disabling hardware and or software functionality, can you explain why I am getting "static" and "clicking" sounds which are nothing but INTERFERENCE?

I eagerly await a response.

Logi Nu
bond007taz

I found that plugging the logitech wireless thumb device into a USB hub fixed my static issues. I tried a non-powered and a powered USB hub and they both fixed the static/crackling issues with the headphones

Logi Nu
Danubis

[ Edited ]

In case someone else ends up here looking for a solution. I found mine was related to a line in plug on my monitor. I had been using it to pipe in audio from my game consoles. Not sure why that caused feedback, but it did.

Edit: Got that wrong. It was a line OUT from my monitor that was going to a line IN on my computer. 

Taylarie

This topic has now been closed. If you have the same issue, please post your issue in a new thread.