Logi Browser
panni

ETA driver update G930

Dear Logitech staff,

I just bought the G930 from Amazon while reading the threads in this forum.

It seems like the G930 is another example of a faulty driver release and an untested product. I hate to see that from Logitech, I would expect something like that from Creative (looking at my SB WoW Wireless Headset, which has exactly the same problems, such as locked 16000hz recording quality, disconnects, crackling noise), but not from you guys.

Is there any estimate on the release date of the new drivers? I hope it will be soon because this seems like a serious ripoff for the customer. I will return my G930 during  the next 4 weeks if the driver update doesn't happen in that timespan.

With best regards

panni

Logi Apprentice
dz302

Re: ETA driver update G930

if you look a few threads up/down you will see the thread for new g930 drivers

Logi Browser
panni

Yeah I see the beta driver thread - it fixes SOME problems, but by far not all. I asked for an ETA for a next official driver release.

Logi Apprentice
dz302

What problems are you having? I wouldn't expect a new driver that soon.

I have had a G35 and G930 with no issues, I think it has mainly to do with compatibility with certain hardware components.

Logi Browser
panni

Well I don't have any problems yet, the G930 arrives tomorrow.

I was just curious about the current driver state, after seeing the amount of bugreports in this forum. The beta driver (-thread) doesn't seem to fix issues for some people, either.

Has the problem of the microphone being locked at 16 Bit, 16000 Hz recording quality in Windows 7 been fixed? Didn't see any positive feedback regarding that in the forums here.

Thank you

Logi Visitor
Tides

The state of the drivers is really dim... I have to restart my computer with the headset on to get it to recognize that it has been turned on most of the time. If I do not do this the sound doesn't play correctly in games and the surround won't turn on and I also will not get the battery info. Very annoying and horribly broken drivers, but amazing hardware. Seems to be a trend with Logitech :smileysad: I love their hardware and always buy their mice, headsets and keyboards but every time I have initial problems that seem to take months to get resolved.

Oh well I guess :smileysad:

Logi Browser
panni

[ Edited ]

dz302: Have a look at Tides comment. There exactly lays my problem. I know that in forums like these most problems come from the user and his OS/configuration itself, but this, such as many other posts regarding G930, sounds like some serious ones.

It seems pretty sad that the great hardware  Logitech provides just fails in terms of software. We've bought a 180$ solution here and are holding a 49$ software-wise solution in our hands.

Tides: Are you using the currently official driver or the beta driver posted in a sticky thread in this forum?

Logi Journeyman
Asmodian

[ Edited ]

I agree that the Logitech G930 software seems weak compaired to other logitech drivers but wait until you get them to worry about most of the problems you read about here.

I am running windows 7 x64 and have had no trouble with the head set (no static, crackling, or random disconnects, etc.), I am currently using the beta drivers but didn't notice a change besides using about half the memory it used to.  I also do not play any Stream games (like Left 4 Dead), it sounds like there is something bad going on with Stream and the G930.

The mic is locked into 16bit - 16khz recording quality but I don't have any issue with that - 16khz is great for a head-set mic - it is a decent mic but you don't want to record music with it lol.  Of course it would be nice to be able to set it.

I did have an odd issue with installing the beta drivers, after I uninstalled the original driver (removing the dongle), rebooted and installed the beta driver the head-set wouldn't talk to the computer properly (audio worked but no battery life or surround mode indicators).  I then uninstalled the beta (removing the dongle again) and reinstalled it and everything worked fine.  This happened again when updating my house mates computer.

panni

Thank you for your detailed answer Asmodian. The 16Bit 16KHz thingy is the main issue for me - I've got a Creative World Of Warcraft Wireless Headset, which has exactly the same problem and compared to my old wireless Creative HS-1200 people told me I sound very dull/muffled in Mumble and other voice tools.

I hoped with the datasheet of the G930 stating a whopping 48KHz full fledged microphone feedback channel I'd finally get my dream wireless headset, which Creative wasn't able to provide, by far. My biggest fear is to have a similar release cycle as my WoW headset had: release a beta driver which fixes 50% of the problems, then never talk about the product again. That's what Creative did.

Logi Visitor
TheHyproglo

[ Edited ]

well I had some problems when i was running vista 64bit.

I recently installed win 7 ultimate 64 bit and not they work great.

I never did get any of the problems some folks get though like crackling and stuff. And i play Left for dead by the way and they sound great. those zombies get me out of my seat when they ponce from behind. :smileyhappy:

The only problem i have is when i use the headset around my neck just for the mic and have my speakers on they always auto shut off after every 10 mins even though i'm speaking into the mic. This is a pian as I already been caught talking to myself in vent way to many times.