Logi Browser
SlowpokeG

Solution!!!!!!!

Read on for a decent solution to this problem for those who dislike the sidetone / feedback of the mic when using it with the PS3:

The inclusion of a sidetone is not a bad decision, but not providing any way of decreasing it or increasing it is regrettable because it is way too loud. Even if you cover the mic with your palm, you still hear loud interference/feedback through the headset.

Like someone else said, inserting the xbox 360 mic cable into the headset gets rid of the sidetone/feedback, but lets the mic keep working with the PS3. This works well except for the fact that you now have a cable dangling from your headset.

I found an old 2.5mm male to 3.5mm female adapter laying around and ripped the 2.5mm part out with some pliers. Now I just insert this little piece into the xbox mic jack in the headset and it mutes the feedback but leaves my mic working. The little piece is barely visible since its just the tip of the 2.5mm adapter and I can easily remove it when I want to use the xbox 360 mic cable.

TL;DR: I recommend just finding an old 2.5mm audio cable or adapter and ripping that part off and leaving it in the headset to mute the sidetone/feedback when using the mic with PS3.

Logi Nu
ms9007

Re: Solution!!!!!!!

Anyone having problems with the mic not working while playing MW2? I can hear people talk but they cant hear me.

Its kinda frustrating, I set it up in the audio device setting to f540 headset, both in input and output, microphone level on 4, my sound setting is set up  on audio multi=output "ON" and it still doesnt work.

I can hear everything fine, people, sound etc. its just that nobody can hear me.

Did anyone have the same issue?

Logi Nu
Steven RR

Re: F540 problems PS3

CharlesB wrote:

Just to chime in: the sound you're hearing has a technical term, and it's called Sidetone. It was a design decision to include it, and I happen to like it. I have a tendancy to yell without it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidetone

Lack of Sidetone causes people to tend to speak louder than they normally would, especially with enclosed earcaps. The concept of using the F540 to play stealthily lends heavily to the use of sidetone, and in our testing helped to this end.

If you've ever wondered why some people yell on cell phones, it's because many cell phones have low sidetone.

Well thats great it has a technical term however it doesnt mean we have to like it because you do. We are the customer. It is an annoying part of the F540 and in my opinion needs to be the decision of the user on how much "Sidetone" a microphone should have. I dont believe just cause it was a decision partly because "Charles" happens to like it, the rest of the customers should suffer. Instead of writing a just deal with it post, maybe logitech should make decisions on how to fix the product for the customer? Its annoying as hell and its going in the return box at Bestbuy.

Logi Nu
Playeraz3

So what is the solution for us?? I cant get my mic to work on ps3 at all. I can hear them but they cant hear me.! HELP PLEASE!

Logi Nu
ChrisKim

CharlesB wrote:

Just to chime in: the sound you're hearing has a technical term, and it's called Sidetone. It was a design decision to include it, and I happen to like it. I have a tendancy to yell without it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidetone

Lack of Sidetone causes people to tend to speak louder than they normally would, especially with enclosed earcaps. The concept of using the F540 to play stealthily lends heavily to the use of sidetone, and in our testing helped to this end.

If you've ever wondered why some people yell on cell phones, it's because many cell phones have low sidetone.

I would have expected Logitech to let the customer decide wether he likes Sidetone or not (eg a simple on/off switch), and it is also annoying that PS3 users can not adjust microphone sensibility. (Working microphone sensibility options in the PS3 menu should be a matter of course!)

With the actual design I am forced to let my co-players hear the cooler fan, every creak of my chair and the talk from the kitchen 2 rooms away, that is realy unbearable.

Especially Logitech stuff are known to be designed for gamers and to provide a maximum of adjustability, so this headset goes contrary to what logitech equipment usually stands for. :smileysad:

Logi Browser
Maty

same problem here, but in pc.  i disconnect all sound input, and the problem still

Taylarie

This topic has now been closed. If you have the same issue, please post your issue in a new thread.