Logi Browser
RhinoShock

**Fix for Logitech G930 Audio/Bass Distortion**

After two headsets and countless attempts to figure out whats causing this problem I have finally figured it out by talking to a co-worker that used to do live audio. Almost all of us with this headset want to crank the bass of this headset all the way up to get the deepest sounds out of it, but the software has a nasty way of handling how the bass works with that one slider. Essentially in the Advanced Equalizer, raising the bass slider all the way up raises the left 3/4 bars all the way up in the EQ. Doing this clips the bass making it distort and sound extremely low quality. The one remedy I have found to this is just by leaving the bass and treble sliders at the middle and taking grasp of the advanced EQ's features. When you first open up the software, you will have access to 11 sliders that change the frequency of each different type of sound. The pre-amp is key in fixing the bass/audio distortion, because it is giving the headset too much voltage (or something to that effect). Now when the pre-amp is turned down kind of alot, you now have the ablilty to pump any of the parts of the songs you want up, ie: vocals/bass/treble, or whatever suits your needs. The lower bands tend to deal with low bass-y effects, the mid-range bands tend to deal with how vocals are portrayed, and the higher ends are the techno-y synth sounds as well as hi-hats and cymbals. The picture is my EQ setup. I tried to optimize it for dubstep with high bass, and also high-er vocals in Rock songs with cymbals pretty high too. You kind of just have to play with it and figure out exactly where you want it, but thats pretty much how it gets fixed. Also I might have some of the audio tech wrong, but I don't really specialize in that so I just hope this helps someone o.o.

Untitled.jpg

Logi Nu
Malig

Re: **Fix for Logitech G930 Audio/Bass Distortion**

[ Edited ]

Thanks, makes a big difference, almost no noticeable distortion!

Edit: scratch that, there is no distortion now, I used a better source material for the song I tested and I used youtube the first time around.

Logi Browser
Fatlardo

Cool, can't wait to try this at home!  Will report back later tonight.  Thanks!

Logi Browser
RhinoShock

Excellent! :smileyvery-happy: glad I could help :smileyhappy:

Logi Visitor
Azagathoth

I wish Logitech would empliment presets, like alot of other players and what not. 

Logi Browser
Damnatus

This works properly good. I asked me always: Why using EQ? I don't know anything about that" After installing EQ like RhinoShocks posted pic I was surprised: It makes the whole sound warmer, smoother and less analytical. Of course it's quit...odd...different...but if you are playing around with EQ like RhinoShock suggested you will like it very much. If you are using iTunes you can use implemented EQ to look how they are pushing the lanes. Other programs maybe have same function. To compare your personalized G930 EQ use iTunes EQ mode "Linear".
Logi Nu
webng

Worked for me, nice one. Now if i can only get the LGS to detect the bloody headset!
Logi Browser
Fatlardo

Worked like a charm!!  I have tons of bass and no distortion!!  At first I was like awww man I spent so much for cheap headphones.  These now sound awesome, I copied pretty much what you have.  Thank you soooooo much!

Logi Browser
RhinoShock

No problem! :smileyvery-happy: At least its a quick fix for now, until logitech attempts to address/fix this problem... if they ever do...

Logi Browser
Mk-Killah

Is this still needed with the LGS 8.0.1.120 drivers?

Also which drivers are u guys using because the surround sound doesnt seem to be working:

My driver picture