Logi Nu
Rindom

G35 and Mumble

When using the voice communication mumble, the G35 headset only registers sound in the right ear when on stereo settings, but switching to 7.1 makes it work in both ears.

Anyone got a clue how to get it to work in both ears with stereo?

Logi Browser
BurNThaM

Re: G35 and Mumble

I had the same problem, simple solution seemed to be : run mumble as administratorand in windows xp compatibility mode (I'm assuming ur on windows 7, or vista?)

Logi Browser
BurNThaM

any news on whether or not this helped?

Logi Nu
n3utrino

Thanks for the tip. It helped.

Now i can hear on all speakers.

Logi Nu
Gohae

None of this was helpful to me. I have never had any issues with my G35 until I installed the software for it which was actually after around 3 months having used it. I use mumble and it never posed as a problem. As soon as I installed the software, however, the audio in mumble only comes through the right ear. Unless! I have the Dolby Surround Sound switched on. Which doesn't sound right in mumble. It sounds too "forced," unrealistic and also has a slight echo. I'm not sure if what was said to be the solution above would fix this. If it is, I don't understand how to do that.

Logi Journeyman
Asmodian

[ Edited ]

You could try:

"right click the speaker icon in the system tray and click Playback Devices, highlight the G35 speakers (or G930) and hit configure. Go through the wizard and DESELECT all of the speakers so that you only have left and right. Then go to Properties of G35 (or G930) speakers and to enhancements, and make sure Channel Phantoming is checked. I found that doing this made the stereo sound correct in certain apps that have issues, and does not seem to affect the headset when in surround mode."

Here is a tutorial on how to run "as administrator" and run in XP compatibility mode is in the same place using option four.