Logi Rook
JeffLo

G35 mic clicking sound

has this been fix yet? today i got a replacement of the logitech g35 after 3 months and the problem is still thier when i use a 32bit windows os its good but when its a 64bit systems the mic goes bonkers and does this anoying clicking sound

Logi Rook
JeffLo

Re: G35 mic clicking sound

now im testing and trying to find whats the problem i think its something to do with the voice morphing software

heres the thing when i press the voice preview i can here tick tick tick tick tick or click click click click

so i just messed with it i check it un check it ................... again and again

i just keep doing it and the result are sometimes the tick tick tick is gone and sometimes it comes back

and sometimes it a diff pitch and sometimes its faster and somtimes its slower and sometimes its gone

i keep checking it and uncheck it if im lucky it will be gone and sometimes it will come back

so i think its the voice morphing software built in to it thats causing this problem for 64bit systems it doesnt have this tick tick or click

click problem when i use it on my 32bit xp pro only on 64bit pro os

Logi Rook
JeffLo

more testing the tick tick click click is always thier when i use ventrilo

i really think it has something to do with the morphing software

is thier anychance to have a driver installer that will disable the morphing software?

please get this fix

Logi Rook
JeffLo

any news on this one? i really want to be able to use the G35 mic before the headset gets phase out

Logi Rook
JeffLo

http://www.mediafire.com/?znbzzmddqid

uploaded a record using the mic the tick pop or click whatever you call it varies in speed and pitch

Logi Rook
JeffLo

hello still waiting for a response

Logi Rook
JeffLo

[ Edited ]

update installed a 32bit windows xp on the same machine and problem was gone no more tic tic tic or click click click or what ever type of sound you call it when using the mic, so im safe to say all this problem is compatibility issue with a 64bit system, logitech can you guys look at this ?

but sad to say i wont be using a 32bit os just did it to see if the problem is thier

and sometimes only sometimes i can manage to use the mic without the tick tick click click problem but as soon as i reboot or even just changing channel in vent or sometimes is just comes back on its own, i dont knw its random it comes back especially when playing around with the settings in ventrilo or playing with the g35 software for voice morphing and one thing i can really say i can manage for it to work 100% its just pure luck when sometimes i go back to use the g35 mic and suddenly the noise (click click , tick tick) sound isnt thier but thiers a downside when its not thier my voice or other voice i hear in vent seems distorted

my option right now is using the g35 headset for the sounds and using a cheap 2$ mic with stand that i bought and pluging it to the built in sound card of my motherboard which is stupid because the main purpose i bought the g35 and other friends is that we can use it as a headset and not a heaphone for gaming if i want just headphones thier are far more good ones out thier but same i want a headset for gaming not a headphone

please logitech fix this please

Logi Rook
JeffLo

[ Edited ]

and may i add why using 32bit windows wont get me the mic problem and when i do use 64bit it will?

i got this for the 2nd reply on email which is kinda i dont knw what to call it

Thank you for contacting Logitech Electronic Technical Support.

I apologize for the late revert and hope to assist you as best I could.

As I understand, you are having issues with your G35 Headset. Please let me know if I have misunderstood your issue.

Regarding with your issue, I would like to refer you to the link below. Kindly click the link for the later version of your keyboard software.

Link:
http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/logitech_en_amr.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1166...

I would also want to suggest to try the following listed below:

1. Try to use the headset on other computer.
2. Try to update the firmware of the mouse

keyboard software? , update my mouse firmware?

3rd reply and i got this?

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 120 hours.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

then no more replys same thing here in forums, i think its time you guys admit a faulty product and do a recall, or somthing so that we

can return this defective product if you cant fix it

and please also fix your email support personel i really dont understand what thier talking about like keyboard software and mouse firmware, which in thier reply they clearly knw i was complaining about the g35 headset

Logi Rook
JeffLo

or is thier a way to force it to run in 32bit? maybe that would solve the problem, all the problems form people like the whine in the left ears come from the mic

Logi Visitor
GandalfGrey

If you read through the forums, 90% of the problems revolve around the USB cable and shielding or 64Bit...

I know this does not help resolve the issue but it DOES show how simple these things are to fix....

Most Problems would go away and the headset would be fully functional with a decent 64Bit Driver and an ACTUAL 64bit G35 application, you only need to look under your processes to see that this is a 32bit app.

Im not a software engineer but I'd put money on the fact that the driver is not a true 64Bit driver either.

Really these problems have existed since the launch of the product and we are STILL waiting for these issues to be fixed, kinda bad logitech support.

As for Logitech email support.... SACK the lot of them and send them to learn how to read, they apparently need to learn to read before replying. They Never read previous discussions, they fail totally at understanding the problem and fail totally at offering any kind of technical support or customer service.