Logi Nu
Shammu
Accepted Solution

G35 software feature request (switch windows default output device with G keys)

Hello !

I just bought the G35 yesterday and spent some time getting it working correctly (trough a USB hub I had a lot of clicking noises,then I plugged it directly and it works fine now :smileyhappy:).

One of the features i would really appreciate a lot (and I don't think i'm the only one in this case) is the possibility of binding the G keys on the headset to switch windows default sound output / input devices to a specified device.

Tthat way I could just switch the sound output between my Z4 speakers, G35 headphones, or HDMI sound output only by pressing buttons instead of having to :

right click the speaker icon in the tray -> select "output devices"-> choose the device in the list -> click "default" -> click OK or close the form.

By the way... if anyone has another solution that would involve say... keyboard shortcuts, please post it here i'm very interested :smileyhappy:

Logi Browser
Pred011586

Re: G35 software feature request (switch windows default output device with G keys)

I'd like to second the request of this feature.  It would be awesome for it to work like that.  I'm aware that most programs don't have the capability to change their audio source once opened, but that's a problem with their program, not logitech.  Having the capability to switch audio devices would an awesome feature!
Logi Visitor
xissburg

Re: G35 software feature request (switch windows default output device with G keys)

I think it would be nice to bind the G keys to almost anything. They're currently very limited...they could be much more useful (in fact, I never used them =P)
Logi Nu
Shammu

I have found a way to get the described behavior, I use Vista Audio Changer -> here <-, a GPL licenced software written in C# that allows you to change default output easily and to bind keyboard shortcuts, which you can then bind to the G-Keys :smileyhappy:

++

Logi Nu
Shammu

nevermind :smileyhappy: the G35 seems to be so limited that you can't bind the buttons to keyboard presses :smileyhappy:

How hard could it be to re-use G-series keyboards code for the G35 G-keys ?

Logi Nu
ElessarGR

The G35 are fantastic !!! But i think one problem is on the program for the g35…..

you don’t have soo many to choise program for the G-keys…..

you can’t put to g-keys teamspeak 2  or ventrilo 2.3 or put a shortcut :smileyfrustrated:

Logi Browser
ericpd

I agree, the G35 itself is not the problem, I'm of the believe that nearly all of the complaints I've read so far are software based. I'd like to see more tonal control as well as a more Dolby and spacial options. I wonder what the benefit would be for Logitech to place the 7.1 stuff in a module placed between the headset and the computer's USB port? I'm asuming it would be better since it would no longer be software based. Right? Or am I wrong on that? I know others do this like Plantronics with their 777 headsets. However, the very popular Fatal1ty HS-1000 (which I almost got instead) uses the same approach choosen by the G35's, so I guess there are advantages boths ways. But their software appears to be more robust,... more like what I'd like to see from Logitech for the G35. Hell, I got more tonal and spacial controls over the radio in my car,...

As far as the G keys,... I wish there was a way to turn them off. I hear all the suggestions for expanding their reach, but let's not forget an 'off switch'. The first couple times I put them on, iTunes kept launching. Didn't take me long to figure out that I was accidentally punching the G Keys while trying to fit them on my head. Now I'm more careful when putting them on. I also re-programmed them to control iTunes, not launch it,... a fair get-around! Still, an off switch would be nice.

It also would be nice if the volume adjustment had finer steps. The volume control hardward on the G35 doesn't have stops to it so increasing or doubling the steps shouldn't be a problem,... downside is you'll have to spin it a more to go from it's lowest setting to it's highest setting, but you'll gain much more control over the volume that reaches your ears.

Logi Nu
Grazap1

Agreed. I've just installed the G35 software and was extremely upset to see the limitation on the Gkeys. Being able to toggle output devices would be excellent, (and disabling them is also important). Also, I was hoping on binding one of the keys to the number 4 so I could call in UAV's / Air Strikes in Modern Warfare. Geeky, but pretty impressive at LAN party's I feel? :smileyvery-happy:

Does anyone know if Logitech have any plans to do anything about this?

Logi Nu
Mayday

I also would like to bind the G35 's keys with keyboard keys for example "m" or "n" to toggle night vision in fps or else. Could be very fun :smileytongue:

Logi Nu
Phoenixdot

Don't Hope To Much,,,

Because I Think logitech doesnt care about their customer anymore,,,

are you not realise that logitech has not update their Logitech G35 software since 07-26-2009

I think from the last this software post date till now, it's a long time enough to make a fix or do an improvement for new software.

I see there's many suggestion on this forum that wanted more from this headset and there still many bugs on it's software.

but why logitech not launch new software for G35 till now ?

is there any schedule that logitech release new software for this headset or this is the last software for this headset ?

because i tired waiting for software fix for this headset :smileysad: (maybe logitech was forget that there are customer that buy their equipment :smileyvery-happy:)