Logi Browser
Catahya

G930 - Activating the 7.1 surround

Hi there

I recently bought a G930, which is working fine, but I can not get the 7.1 to work. I installed the software and made sure the button on the side of the left ear is slid down (as it says in the manual), but no difference. When looking in the software, the image with the speakers around the head only the two front speakers are red, indicating that they are active. I can not find anywhere in the software on how to activate the rest. They are simply greyed out.

I was thinking to myself that they might be greyed out because I wasn't running anything that supports 7.1 sound. So I started a game of Half Life 2: Episode 1 which has 7.1 sound in it's settings. Still no difference.

I checked the Help section which had an image showing what it is supposed to look like, and all the speakers on that image are red, indicating they are active.

What can be done here?

Thanks for your help

Logi Nu
Onyxius

Re: G930 - Activating the 7.1 surround

I want to 1 up on this as i am having the same issue.  Sometimes it just comes on out of the blue and sometimes it never comes on.  1 Thing i notice is that if the surround sound is not activated on the control panel i only hear out of my right ear in skype, once the surround sound is active and all speakers are lit up i hear out of both speakers. 

What in the world do we need to do to turn on the stupid surround. 

Also something i noticed is that if the surround sound mixer is not lit up neither is the battery indicator on the bottom left.

Logi Nu
Onyxius

just an update, i unplugged my wireless headset dongle from its base and plugged it directly into the usb hub and it activated the surround sound, i unplugged the dongle and put it back in its base and its lit up the surround sound again, so try plugging stuff into another usb port.

Logi Browser
Catahya

I've noticed ever since I installed the software, I only hear people's voices in Teamspeak in the right ear. I haven't changed any settings in TS, or updated it, it just happened out of the blue after I installed the software for the headset. I managaed to temporarily fix it by enabling 3D sound in TS. It's not the same as before, but it's a fix.

Logi Nu
Rostinian

[ Edited ]

I'm having the same issues. The surround sound works only sometimes. Other times it cuts out. and goes to regular stero. Also, Teamspeak 3 voices only come from the right side when this happens. Will this be fixed in a software update?

UPDATE: The symptoms seem to be after the computer has returned from sleep mode. It's like the Logitech software doesn't properly wake up. Shutting the computer down completely and restarting returns full functionality of the G930 (not just a restart), but I shouldn't have to do this every time I want to use the headset.

Also, it seems a lot of folks that are having trouble with the headset are running Windows 7 64-bit (as am I), yet I noticed that the process listed in Task Manager shows it as 32-bit. Odd.. could this be part of the problem? And yes, I am quite sure I installed the correct version.

Logi Nu
edusabrz

I am having exactly the same issue here. No surround sound detected and at the same time the battery level simply won't show.

Please let me know if you find a work around this issue.

Thx,

Ed

Logi Nu
Drachinos

I just got mine yesterday and ran into the same problem. 

If the receiver is plugged in any other USB port, the 7.1 feature and battery life detection is not activated.  Plug the receiver using the charging base and it worked.  Have any of you tried this?

Does this mean the base has some sort of other feature that enables the 7.1 and battery detection? 

Logi Nu
edusabrz

Drachinos,

Your suggestion did not work quit exactly as you mentioned, because I have kept mine on the base all the time. However, your suggestions led me to try a couple of things that bought the surround back, as well as the battery indicator.

I simply used a different USB port and apparently that forced the device to reset its previous configurations on my desktop and by refreshing its setting through a different USB port it started showing again the option for 7:1 surround and the battery level.

1 Turn off the headset

2 Unplug the device from the current USB port you have it it (in my case I had it initially in the based provided with the headset)

3 Plug the receiver on a different USB port and turn on the headset

at this point I could get the surround to work, but still no battery level detection

then, I repeated the steps mentioned above, but this time bringing USB Receiver back to the base

and this time I could get the surround + the battery level.

I don't know, but it seems to me that it is all about refreshing its settings to force it work again.

Good luck!

Ed.

Logi Browser
Catahya

edusabrz,

I tried your suggestion but my surround sound still doesn't work. I have now experienced yet a new problem as well: sometimes when in the middle of playing a game, talking on teamspeak, or listening to music, the sound just stops. The headset is still powered on and it is still listed in Sound devices, however not even the test sound function (the one built in Windows 7 where you right click the device and test it) would emit any sounds (although the sound bar jumped up and down indicating there was a sound output). I switched off the headset, plugged it in to a different USB port, switched it on again and it was working. This happens every now and then (a few hours in between) and even swapping to a USB port that had previously been used seems to solve the problem.

Summary of the FIVE issues I have with my headset:

1. I can not activate the surround sound.

2. As soon as the software was installed, voices Teamspeak would only come out from the right earphone.

3. The battery indicator doesn't work for me either (it's greyed out).

4. The headset randomly drops all sound although still switched on and active in Sound settings.

5. The sound that is supposed to indicate that the battery level of the headset is low does not work at all.

I have forgotten to mention I am on Windows 7 x64.

Logi Nu
Sunblade

Anyone have found a solution to this ? I have the same problem. Only sound on right ear