Logi Nu
Jakrabat
Accepted Solution

G930 : All sound comes out in left ear only !!!

I know you're familiar with this problem so I will keep it short.
I only hear sound from the left ear. All programs, even the sound from windows, everything comes out from the left ear! The right ear is not giving away any sound atm.
Please help, asap! :smileyhappy:

Logi Journeyman
Asmodian

Re: G930 : All sound comes out in left ear only !!!

[ Edited ]

Edit:  If this doesn't help I think your headset is broken and needs to be RMA'ed. :smileysad:

This as posted by nomnompie worked for someone else in this thread:

"Guys, if you are using Windows 7, try this. I have a G35 and It fixed my issue with Stereo sounds mostly out the right side. (I also notice that the apps that have the issue with stereo seem to have obnoxious gain levels which makes the sound overly loud and distorted.. mostly noticed with skype. This fixed that for me too.)

What I have done, is, right click the speaker icon in the system tray and click Playback Devices, highlight the G35 (in your case the G930) speakers and hit configure. Go through the wizard and DESELECT all of the speakers so that you only have left and right. Then go to Properties of G35 (or G930) speakers and to enhancements, and make sure Channel Phantoming is checked. I found that doing this made the stereo sound correct in certain apps that have issues, and does not seem to affect the headset when in surround mode."

Jakrabat

Do you mean returned to the store by "RMA" ? It didn't work btw...

Weird thing is that the sound comes back in the right ear (everything get back to normal) somethimes! So it's not a harware issue (I guess), it must be something with the software, right? Logitech is my favourite brand and their products usually work fine, but where are they when you need them? :smileyfrustrated:
I hate these kind of problems, so annoying! >:@

Logi Journeyman
Asmodian

I think it is a broken headset then, it might be a loose wire or something that shakes back to working sometimes?

The only software issue, that I know about, like the one you are having actually affects the left ear and it isn't random - some applications just do not work correctly.  There have also been a few reports of your issue in these forums, I believe one user even did the repair him/herself (voiding the warranty).

By RMA, I do mean return for a new one, to the store if you can or Logitech if not, they do have a two year warranty.

Sorry. :smileysad:

Jakrabat

Ok, thanks! I'll try to return it... Just a bit messy since I ordered it online :/

Logi Nu
GeneroEdits

I would just like to say thanks to "Asmodian", was googling around because my left speaker on my g930 headphones was very low volume wise and my right speaker was unbelivably loud. Doing what you suggested fixed it and I am very grateful. Thanks! /G

Logi Visitor
Mephers

I was having same problem with my g930's, Asmodians link worked but its annoying having to change everything manually and completely disable surround sound to get stereo to work.

Logi Nu
DADIZZYD

Hi Jakrabat

I have the same probems with my headset and was wondering how you wne when returning this item to the store.  Did it get fixed / replaced or just embedded into a wall?