Logi Browser
Cerebral

G930 Battery Replacement

Hi all :smileyhappy:

I'm thinking of purchasing the G930 headset soon, but I have a question. Batteries degrade over time, lithium ion cells typically have 300-500 deep charge cycles in them before a significant decrease in charge capacity is apparent. My question is, is the battery replaceable in this headset at all? I dont want to spend $270+ AUD (which is considerably higher than the US price btw which is $159, and our dollar is at parity but nm that :smileytongue:) and find that after the battery diminishes over time that i cant replace it. I dont wish to have a wireless headset reduced to a wired headset just because i cant change the battery.

I know that there isnt direct access to the battery (e.g. a battery compartment), but im presuming the headset can be pulled apart by means of removing a few screws?

Don't want to sound difficult, just being cautious buyer :smileyhappy:

Logi Browser
gXxshock

Re: G930 Battery Replacement

Yep, you can remove the cover and take out the battery, its a removable jack. I don't know if that will help though, because it seems to be a custom battery, so unless it's made up of AAA Cells that are just wired together or you can get Logitech to send you new ones it won't help.

Logi Browser
Cerebral

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply, i dont suppose the batteries have any info on it? Any logitech representative care to comment? :smileyhappy:

Thanks

Logi Browser
DCGeek

I am considering purchasing the G930 also. The manual states:

"Rechargeable battery is removable for disposal and recycling. Replacement battery available online. See Important Information and www.logitech.com/support/G930 for more information."

I could not figure out what "Important Information" was and could not find any information in the FAQ.

Anyone from Logitech watching the forms?

(My guess is they are using a cordless phone battery.)

Logi Visitor
nickyoung

An answer to this question is vital, if the 930 is ever to become a mainstream headset.  I'd be pretty disappointed if I couldn't buy a replacement battery.

Logi Browser
DCGeek

I submitted a support ticket. The first response stated to call the support number. I resubmitted the ticket and got this response:

Thank you for your response.

I apologize for the inconvenience but I'm not allowed to answer your question via our forums. You may post the answer though.

Another way to check if a Logitech product has a replacement part is the product page then click the Support link that is beside the Review link.
If there's a link for replacement part then it means that it's available. If not, it means that it doesn't have any replacement part.

Without replacement part: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/webcam-communications/internet-headsets-phones/devices/7248

With replacement part: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-pointers/mice/devices/5845

At the time of posting this there is no link for replacement parts for the headset.

It would be helpful if someone that owns the headset could check the battery for a model number or post a photo of it.

Logi Browser
Cerebral

You now have me worried. However if logitech choose not to supply replacement batteries for the headset, hopefully we would be able to find a suitable replacement, unless some special design or proprietary technology is in use. By that i also mean if the batteries have a special physical shape and terminal contacts, like how almost every mobile phone uses a different shaped battery. Hopefully though they are using just standard plugs like in the following image.

Standard Battery Plugs

What we would need to find out is the battery chemistry being used (Im assuming some kind of lithium ion or lithium polymer type battery). Second we would need to know the supply voltage of the battery, e.g 3.7 V. 3rd it would be useful to know the standard battery capacity that comes with the device, e.g 1500 mAh (Though this isn't as important, because if we wanted to increase the headsets operating time we may be able to fit a higher capacity battery in the headset if there is enough room :smileyvery-happy: however i see this voiding the warranty something fierce).

Logi Browser
DCGeek

I've posted the battery question to a couple of guys who posted video reviews of the headset on YouTube. I suggest others do the same in hopes one reviewer gets back to us with the details.

I still think it has to be a cordless phone battery. Wouldn't make sense to develop a propritary battery and then not offer it as a replacement part. But then what company has ever made sense. If this was an Apple product the discussion would be moot.

Logi Nu
Timpe198

Hi!

I'm also wondering this same issue, about those batteries. Do you guys have had any more information about this issue?

Because I either don't wan't to pay 170€ for wireless headset, if after one year it have to be in the charger all the time.

Logi Nu
from_toronto

Will there be any update from the offiical about the battery status?  I am anxious to know the answer as well....