Logi Browser
Therenall

G930 Charging problems.

I have a G930, have for a little while now (Since about mid may I think). As of today when charging the headset it seems to have a lot of odd behavior. From what I read in the manual, the light should flash orange while charging.

1) The light flashes orange a few times, then goes solid green. After a few seconds of solid green it goes back to flashing orange.

2) The software used to tell me how long until the battery was charged when it's plugged in, now it just says "About (N) hours of battery left". At the moment, 4. It will sometimes switch and say how long until charged, but then almost instantly goes back to time left.

3) The headset keeps turning on and off.

4) The software was glitching a lot. Though calmed down, it was spamming the less than an hour of battery left beep. Constantly. The battery status on the software was going nuts;0 hours of battery left, 2 hours until 4 charge, 3 hours of battery left, etc. It just jumped all over the place rapidly then it finally just stopped doing that and the battery thing was blank. Completely. This has died down a lot, though it still seems to do it slightly.

5) When I plug the headset in the headset turns off for a second and then back on. When it starts to charge, I can hear this odd noise in my left earphone (The best I could describe it would be charged wires rubbing and creating small sparks, I guess. Though, I only hear it through the earphone. I can't hear it when I take the headset off).

This has been going on for most of tonight and it's driving my crazy; seriously annoying. On top of that, the headset has been turning off every time I plug it in for the last week or two (Maybe more, I honestly don't remember. It was minor, but now it seems to be worse.).

I am wondering if there is a short in this cord or if it's just becoming loose. I accidentally dropped the cord in salsa, but it looked as though I had cleaned it out good. So maybe that shorted part of the USB device?

Also, during the time it took me to make this post it has:

> Turned off 3 or 4 times

> The battery message has switched between a couple different "About (N) hours left" messages, and "About 2 hours until fully charged" messages, and is now completely blank.

So yeah, this is really annoying. Do I need to order a new base or something?

Logi Browser
Therenall

Re: G930 Charging problems.

I have determined there is in fact a short in the end of the charging cable that goes into the headset. My phone has the same kind of charger and so I tried to use that to charge the headset and it works. I tried that last night, but no luck (Don't know why it's charging with that cord now, though). I also plugged the headset charging cable into the phone and it constantly made the phone enter in and out of charging mode rapidly. The phones cable doesn't do that.

So I guess I will be ordering a new base.

Logi Nu
Dennet

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the info. My headset has been giving me the same trouble, once I find a cable to plug in the headset I'll confirm this.

EDIT: Also, you should contact support instead of ordering the new base, they may send you a replacement.

EDIT2: Nevermind, didn't read you dropped your base in salsa. =P

Logi Nu
Dennet

So... unfortunately this wasn't the issue with my unit. =/ I think I'm going to contact support for a replacement.

Logi Browser
Therenall

I would - sorry hadn't noticed anyone replied to this. A new cable fixed my problem fine, while I don't think dropping it in the salsa shorted it (It had been doing something similar to this for a little while) I doubt they would have given me a new one because of it.

GL getting yours to work :smileyhappy:

Logi Nu
Zens

Yeah, I think my base is busted too.  I just bought mine and luckily my LG phone has the same charger and I tried that and yup, it's working like a charm.  I can use power from the wall outlet too so that should be waaaay faster than a USB charge.

I guess I'll write to them to send me a new base because with all the stuff on this computer my 8 USBs are occupied.

Logi Nu
hargaR1

How to FIX your G930 Charging / Battery meter / Flashing LED issues and problems.

[ Edited ]

location.jpglocation.jpg

How to FIX your G930 Charging / Battery meter / Flashing  LED issues and problems

I have had a few G930's replaced under warranty, and so I decided to look into why I keep having issues that all of you seem to have also.

This is the solution to all your Charging problems and Battery Meter Issues, is pretty simple enough to fix if you are at all tech Savvy!! You will have to take apart the Headphones on the Mic side, it may void you warranty, but it will 100% fix the problem!!

1. Unscrew the soft ear pad with Phillips screw driver

2. With a Torx 6 "T6" take the housing screws off from the speaker panel

3. Open speaker up, be careful as there are 2 wires attached, as per photo

4. Put flux on the USB connector and Re-Solder the 5 connecters from the mini USB.

5. Test unit works and the USB is charging again, test Mic, and speakers, all good then re-assemble in reverse order!!

N.B. I had all the symptoms in these posts and tried using different connecters ETC to fix, and it always was temporary, this is the permanent fix!

P.S. leave yourself plenty of slack when charging your Headset when playing games, as if you rip the cord this time it will probably do internal damage instead of breaking the poor solder joints from the USB, as once you repair the headset, there will be a much stronger join to the PCB board, I guess everything has a reason why it is, and there is a down side to every action you take to repair things, but all in all I still love my G930, and would not hesitate to buy another set or recommend them to my friends! Thanks Logitech for a great product, and I have not had any trouble since I have repaired them!!

Logi Rook
Moonborg

Re: How to FIX your G930 Charging / Battery meter / Flashing LED issues and problems.

My 5th set is now having this issue. I think I've had every issue these $200 POS headsets have had.....bad charging....buzzing.....shutting off on their on........broken mic boom.........popping......I'd take my gun to them but Ill need to send them back in.

In the begginning they would send me my new pair and Id send them my old ones once I had them. Now they want me to send first and go without for 2 weeks....and I never failed to return mine. These things go **bleep** up so much its pathetic.

Logi Browser
eviloprah

Yes, I have a pair that is on it's way back to me from this exact problem.

I'm tempted to just open them up and have my buddy solder them for me before they break again.

Now that I've seen the problem on Youtube and how to fix it you wonder why Logitech doesnt just fix the problem in the first place.

Logi Browser
MattyNick

[ Edited ]

Thanks, this was helpful actually.  My pair has actually stood the test of time....well sort of!  LOL.  Since everyone is talking about their war stories, I figured I would take a picture of mine.  Yes they still actually work, but at this point I've done so much surgery I need a big rubber band to keep them tight on my ears....there's all kinds of stuff in there.  By the way, if your mic arm ever breaks, an old credit card on both sides, cut to the angle of the bend then taped did the trick for me.To Hell and Back Again