Logi New
Johnny Utah

G930 Crackling/Distortion

[ Edited ]

After reading the reviews, I went out and spent 160 bucks on this set.  I came home, installed and got them up and working fast after updating the drivers.  I began to test them out with Black Ops and had horrible crackling and distortion.  I tried World of Warcraft....same THING.  I tried Medal of Honor, SAME THING.

This isn't a game problem, anyone know how to solve this?  It does not seem to have these problems on the desktop, but then the sounds are shorter.  I am very frustrated.

Thanks for the help.

Edit:  after reading through 10 pages of posts, it seems other people are having problems on Win 7 x64.  I am wondering if the 64 bit is giving the software problems.  If it is, Logitech has some SERIOUS problems.

Logi New
Johnny Utah

Re: G930 Crackling/Distortion

Do any other people with a crackling/distortion issue run 3 monitors in surround or eyefinity?

I found a fix for this problem, when I went back to using native resolution on ONE monitor, the sound problems went away!!

Now, can logitech figure out why this headset is does not function properly when gaming in nvidia surround on 3 monitors?

Some type of conflict.

Logi Nu
mhl666

I also experience the crackling issue.

No USB hub, connected directly to my laptop (Sony VAIO VPCEB1S1E).

Haven't found a fix yet, but I will try with another computer.

Soooooo annnoooying! Especially after paying big bucks for them.

Oh, and I'm not using more monitors.

Logi Nu
mhl666

Tried with another computer and sure enough, crackling is gone.

Back on my laptop now - crackling is back. So yes, it must be USB-related issue.

I still would appreciate some hints or support on that - anybody managed to work this around? 

Install/reinstall something? Get new drivers? Turn off sthing in the Bios? 

Any hints from Logitech tech staff ?

I'm running Win7 x64 on my laptop.

Thanks in advance!

Logi New
Johnny Utah

Sorry to hear you are having the same problems.  I had to return my pair.  The USB drivers messed with my some other setting somewhere and made my overclock unstable!  REALLY weird stuff.

If anyone gets a fix, I would love to know.  This headset could be wonderful if......

Logi Nu
engmanredbeard

I've been in the same boat, crackling, etc. Tested on laptop and it worked beautifully. My system is using the dp55wb from intel with i3.

Having the means and the time i tested with win7 64 and 32 bit. both gave same cracklig sound. Fresh installs of both with just drivers of the mobo installed.

During building, I set the compatability for USB to enabled as I was having an issue with an external cd drive. Turning that setting back to DISABLE cleared up my cracklig.

Another post on this forum questioned that it may be a USB controller error, it was for me.

Logi New
Johnny Utah

engmanredbeard,

Thank you for this information.  While I do not have this headset any more, I am tempted to pick them up again and check out the settings in the bios.  This sounds like a reasonable fix.

Logi New
Johnny Utah

May I ask, what exactly did you disable in Bios?  I have some options:

Legacy USB Support

Bios EHCI Hand Off

USB 2.0 Controller

Controller Mode

I purchased the Creativ Sound Blaster WOW headset, SAME problem!!

So I know there must be a config here to solve this.

Logi Nu
Ephion

Hi guys I fix this issue unpluging the head set from my pc usb port and plug to a extermnal USb Hub with power supply, after this the problem with the freaking crackling noise disapear.

cherers

Logi Browser
Dentasystem

Not sure what to tell you guys, I ordered my G930's from Amazon.eu (ie. germany), installed on my Win 7, 64bit, and at least I got sound, but very static, like daft punk effect... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN2hntZBIUQ

tried unistalling, and installing the latest driver from the web site, then tried buying an external power-hub usb, did a complete windows update, still scratchy sound all around on those paladin auras and voice speach in World of Warcraft.

Running the sound through the SBfx-go sound card and speakers, or cheap headphones, there are no sound problems in the game... so it must be the G930's internal soundcard, plus wire-less internet interfierence???  faulty driver???

What ever the case may be, after 3 weeks of battleing the sound monster and no response to solutions, I am glad to say Amazon has accepted my request to pack them up and return them for a full 169 euro refund.  I hope at least this part of the G930 experience goes well, as this head-set kind of ruined the whole unvailing of the Cataclysm for me...

I had a pair of Sennheizer wire-less headphones back in 2005 when the game first came out, sound was awesome, but faulty quality around the twisty conection points in the head set caused the plastic to break after 2 years rendering them unrepairable and useless.

I just don't understand how a 169 euro pair of headphones, which as of  January 10th 2011 is 218,79 Dollars!!!

is not thouroghly tested enough to avoid getting so many complaints for faulty sound or not working in Windows 7, 64bit...

Does the sb creative-WoW headset work any better?  I'm worried now after reading your post, and they only get  5.1 surround compared to the 7.1 the G930's offered, but if there's no static, are they be a  better way to go if you are buying headphones just to play WoW late at night with out keeping up the family?  Should I look into what Sennheizers latest 100 euro investiment could be...???  Is it a question of wire-less vs. buying a set with a cord which could be plugged in directly to the sbfx-go... that will probably be my next purchase I suppose... will have to give up listening to music on the headphones while doing the dishes though... :smileysad:

On a positive note, Starcraft II did sound great in the G930 headset.  So it could be because of WoW’s on-line interface,

since I played SCII off line...???

Hope you all end up with great sounding headsets whether they be the G930’s or others,

-WoW player-

ps.  My brother has a set of G930’s and loves them for all his games, but he doesn’t play WoW…