Logi Nu
Sledgehamster

G930 Headset won't connect.

Good evening,

I ordered a pair of these through the Logitech online store and they arrived on Tuesday, unfortunately I cannot seem to get them to work. The dongle is recognised and the drivers are installed (LGS 8.12) the headset shows up along with my G13 and G19. However trying to connect them wirelessly or via the USB cable directly doesn't seem to work, the headset won't connect wirelessy the lights just blink at each other despite being no more than 3 feet apart.

I have tried the "paperclip" reset without any success. Windows recognises the dongle device in the playback devices but I can get no connection with the actual headset. I have plugged the dongle into the PC directly and through the supplied cable spool and the result is the same, the dongle is detected and the drivers installed I can access the software for the headset via it's control software but I can't get them to connect. I tried a driect connection by plugging the USB lead directly into the headset charging area but I still can't get them to work.

If I remove the dongle from my PC the headset disappears from my devices list even if the headset is connected directly via the USB lead. I am left believing that I have a faulty headset but if anyone can think of any other reason I would appreciate their help.

I have I should point out, uninstalled LGS 8.12 and disconnected my G13 and G700 mouse but the issue persists. I have tried the software that came on the CD without success as well a LGS 8.12.

Many thanks in advance if anyone is able to suggest a resolution.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Cintech

Re: G930 Headset won't connect.

Hello Sledgehamster,

What color are the lights that are flashing ? The headset does come with a limited charge out of the box but try charging it for 2 hours .

Best Regards, 

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
Sledgehamster

The lights flash green. I will try charging but I am surprised that the headset does not show up as detected when connected directly.

Logi Nu
Sledgehamster

I have fully charged the headset. It still will not connect wireless or be detected. The dongle is, but the headset isn't.

As before if I remove the dongel the headset disappears from my devices list even when directly connected via USB.

I have tried the headset on another PC with the same result. The headset is not detected.

As I have previosuly stated I believe the actual headset to be defective. The dongle seems to work, and the headset should detect as a wired headset when directly connected, the fact that it does not leads me to believe the fault lies there. I have tried another USB cable to ensure the one supplied is not damaged.

Cintech

Hello Sledgehamster,

The USB dongle must be plugged in to the computer for the G930 to function. The USB cable is only used to charge the headset although the headset can be used while charging the wireless receiver must remain plugged into the computer. If the headset is still not working as expected please contact Logitech Customer Care for your region.

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
Sledgehamster

Many thanks for your assistance.

I contacted support the evening they arrived. At the time of writing I am still awaiting a response, this is the main reason I posted on the forum as the response direct seems awfully lacking.

I appreciate your assistance with this, I will again try customer care.

CWJ
Logi Nu
CWJ

I am experiencing the same issue.  I have managed to get them to connect seemingly at random a total of three times since I received them Wednesday.  Getting ready to ship them back to Amazon since Logitech doesn't seem to care to support this product as evidenced on these forums and in their slow response to email.  It's a shame, they sound great when they work.

CWJ
Logi Nu
CWJ

Called Logitech support.  Rep was very nice, sending out a new receiver to try.  You may want to call too.

Logi Nu
carlos3011

I bought a second pair of receiver and it still won´t connect :smileyfrustrated:

Cintech

Hello carlos3011,

I have provided a link to the guide for reconnecting the G930 to the receiver.

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18172/~/reconnecting-the-g930

Best Regards,