Logi Visitor
bugreporterG930

G930 Microphone Autoon (issue, problem, bug)

[ Edited ]

Sometimes when turning on G930 (and maybe when G930 deals with bad signal and tries to do something about that (changing channel may be)) there are microfone goes out of mute stage even if upped and showing red light and should remain off.

Tapping on/off microphone button on G930 helps.

It's not good if Mic is on when i think that it's not - somebody may hear what i don't want somebody to hear.

Windows 7 SP1 x64.

G930's software v1.00.358 & v1.00.364b &  v1.00.364

Logi Master
NeatNit

Re: G930 microfone autoon

How do you know that the microphone is on? If it's because you can hear it, then that's normal - it's the sidetone feature. It works even the the mic is muted, because its only goal is to keep you from talking too loud.

However, if you can record the audio or people can hear you through an online voice chat, even when the light is on - then you really do have an issue here, and I don't know how to solve it...

By the way, it's spelled "microphone"... Just letting you know.

Re: G930 microphone autoon

[ Edited ]

I can hear what  i'm saying because i activated microphone preview. If i hear, everyone should hear. Yes, i "can record the audio".

I am not getting any changes when sliding (i got it downed) sidetone future, maybe it not works for me.

Another words microphone goes out of muting stage to active. Cause if i exactly disable G930's microphone or speakers then G930's Logitech software crashes.

I've changed "on/off" means to "mute" in first topic.

Logi Master
NeatNit

The microphone preview is intended for hearing the result of the voice morphing settings, and helping you choose the best option out of the 6 that makes the voice most clear (Lowest to Highest). You are not supposed to leave it on, and if you hear yourself it does not mean others can hear you too.

You should turn Voice Preview off. If you still hear yourself as if the voice preview is on, then that is a bug. Exit the G930 software (right-click the icon on the tray area and select Exit) and open it again, then you should be fine.

To sum up, your mic was not really on. Voice Preview works even if the mic was muted, and it does not mean others could hear you. :smileyhappy:

Unrelated: Make sure you're running the G930 software as administrator. In 64-bit systems, not doing so causes frequent crashes.

[ Edited ]

i wrote that "Tapping on/off microphone button on G930 helps." what means that i don't hear anything after pushing mute-button despite mic preview is always ON. Mic autoon is rare but regular happens and i just tap mute-button to disable any sound from mic.
Most of the time mic is muted, but frequently goes out of muting in described situations (see the 1st message).

I think you a bit misunderstands how it should works, read the G930's manual.

The fact is that mic not autoons every time, it's unpredictable for me whether it 'll be unmuted or not in next time (in described situations in topic). So it's not the future because it's unstable.

Logi Master
NeatNit

[ Edited ]
Ok, sorry I misunderstood, but regardless - the voice preview should not be left on.

[ Edited ]

i need voice preview, so it should be left on. Because this is the only way (disabling mic in playback devices leads to G930's software crashes in Win 7 x64) to control voice transmission and if appears to prevent it by muting .

It's not good if Mic is on when i think that it's not - somebody may hear what i don't want somebody to hear.

Logi Visitor
bugreporterG930

Re: G930 Microphone Autoon (issue, problem, bug)

same bug in  Logitech Gaming Software v8.01.120

Logi Visitor
bugreporterG930

Update: issue still appears in Logitech Gaming Software v8.12.030 and v8.20.74 (latest).
Logi Nu
Powerhead

I can confirm this issue.

Today during skype call microphine was up and was muted (red light was on)

I walked about 7 meters from PC and at some moment microphone turned on. Red light was on but everybody heared everything.

It's annoying bug for device like this.

I pressed mic button twice and mic become muted again.

Why this happens?

Is there any fix for this?

P.S. I don't using audio preview.

Windows 7 Pro SP1 64

Driver version: 1.1.11.0
Driver date: 3/18/2011