Logi Browser
Darthyoc
Accepted Solution

G930 Software Troubles

[ Edited ]

I have the newest version, but after install, and system restart it quits working. I have made my G930 my default, but after a restart it say that my G930 isnt connected, and my computer makes my speakers the default. Another problem I have been having is that when I try to play WOW i cant hear in-game sounds, but on any other game I can hear sound fine. My G930 works fine without the software installed, but I want the features that the software has. Thanks for any help.

I'm using Windows 7 64bit.

Logi Journeyman
Asmodian

Re: G930 Software Troubles

The way I have always gotten it to work most reliably is to:

first unplug the dongle from the computer

uninstall any old versions or installs of the software and reboot

then install the new driver and reboot (can skip this reboot, but if you are having trouble I would do it)

When your system is fully booted make sure the headset is on and plug in the dongle.

Then everything should work, I am running win7 x64 as well.

Darthyoc

That worked, and for good measure I unplugged my speakers. Thank you.

Logi Browser
Denshal

i just got that head set too,  i had to go into the wow options and change the output to g930,  or you can unplug or disable your speakers,  or set the g930 for default sound/communication device   :smileyvery-happy:  sorry for late reply trying to fix my g930 :smileymad:

Logi Browser
EllisDee

I was having problems with mine too until I noticed that the online update wasn't installing correctly (even though it said it was)

I downloaded the from here: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/441/7248?section=downloads

and installed it manually. After it had been downloaded, Installed and rebooted all my problems stopped.

They're awesome! :smileyvery-happy:

Sony Bravia 40inch
Win7 - 64bit
Intel Core i7 2.8ghz
ATI Radeon 5770 HD 1gb
6gb RAM
1TB HDD
Logitech DiNovo Edge ¬ Keyboard
Logitech G700 ¬ Mouse
Logitech G930 ¬ Headset
Logi Nu
Docscurlock

[ Edited ]

Hi volks

I had the same Problems with my G930 too. Scince 5 Month I've  tried to make it work properly, but failed. It took me 3 to 5 startups till it loads the driver...

BUT FINALLY:

AFTER THE FIRST SEVICEPACK 1 UPDATE (FROM THE 2.25.2011) OF MY WIN 7 OPERATION SYSTEM  IT WORKS!!!

I alway thought it was a driver problem of my G930.... and it's NOT.

The driver always works fine, I bet you Microsoft [word filter evasion] it up somehow. It got something to do with the system32 and the new SysWOW64 files allocation problem.

Ps.: It's just a guess but my feeling tells me I could be right. 

Greets Doc

Logi Browser
Max3290

I just disabled ALL other audio devices expect the G930 and the headphones work.  The audio devices I disabled were the Realtek High Definition Audio and two occurances of AMD High Definition Audio.  This may not be the best solution, but at least it works.  Also may help the Logitech people FIX THIS PROBLEM if everyone has similar hardware that is causing the conflict.

Logi Journeyman
Asmodian

I think AMD fixed something in their drivers (the AMD High Definition Audio device on their video cards for HDMI audio out), an older version caused trouble with the G930.

GibStorm

[ Edited ]

I tried the solution above, to no avail. The problem was still there. What ended up fixing the issue for me, was to set the surround switch on the headset to off when inserting the dongle. Once the headset is detected ok, it is possible for me to enable surround again.

This has to be done every time the dongle is inserted again (I disconnect the dongle every time I don't use the headset).

So my solution is:

1. Switch on the headset, if not already on.

2. Switch off the Surround Sound on the headset, with the appropriate switch.

3. Connect the dongle (with the software installed, obviously).

4. Wait for the headset to be detected ok, and sound is redirected to the headset. (Constant green LED on dongle as well).

5. Enable Surround Sound with the switch on the headset.

If the tray icon has crashed (it does sometimes), kill the process from Task Manager (G930.exe or something like that), and run it again from the start menu, but remember to disable Surround Sound again before executing it.

Logitech: You should probably fix this and build it into the driver/software somehow. It should be fairly easy to just have the Surround function kick in -after- the detection phase is over.

Logi Nu
General14

I may have a temporary fix , close ALL running programs that might use sound, such as recording, skype, etc. Restart the headset and LGS (8.01 is the version i have)