Logi Browser
UCBarkeeper

G930: Teamspeak / Skype - Voice only on the right Side in Stero Mode

Hi Guys

Most of us know it, but it looks like Logitech doesnt.

There is a Problem with Teamspeak and Skype. If your Headset is in Stereo Mode, you hear other People only on the right Speaker of the Headset. Testsounds / Music / Everthing else works fine, but in Teamspeak and Skype, i(and many others) have this Problem.

Here is my Setup:

Win Vista 64bit

Logitech G930

Logitech G930 Software V.1.00.358(64bit)

Skype and Teamspeak and Windows Sound Configuration is fine. Like i said, everthing works, except Voices(Only in Stereo Mode, but Surround sounds crappy in TS/Skype).

There is some Voice on the left side, but you cant really hear it. If i turn down the Left Side from 11 to 10, its louder than on 11, but still not loud enough (like the right side).

As far as i googled, the G35 has the same Issue.

There is a so called "fix" for Teamspeak, to set the Audio Output from TS3 from Direct Sound/Auto to Microsoft Multimedia.

That works also for me, i got Voice on both ears - BUT - it sounds really crappy, massive crackle, no way.

So i wrote 3 Times now with the Logitech Support - useless. First Answer: Return your Headset, its broken. Second Answer: Reinstall the Software. Didnt work, i wait for the third answer but it looks to my like my 1st Level Supporter doesnt know.

Ideas? Incoming Software Fix?

Logi Browser
dudenell

Re: G930: Teamspeak / Skype - Voice only on the right Side in Stero Mode

bump on this, I would love to hear a person in both ears

Logi Browser
DerMega

Yes me too. Its anoying that I have to use the 7.1 mode because the Voice sounds so crappy.

Logi Browser
Lzryde

I sometimes have this problem in surround mode. But toggling the surround sound switch while the person is talking (toggle into surround mode) fixes it. But as far as stereo mode goes, i guess you're SoL.

I have a thread about this here: http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Headphones-Headsets-Microphones/Problem-G35-Dolby-7-1-Switch-Needs-to-...

Logi Nu
Kire

For what it's worth I found a temporary fix that I mentioned in another post. Here's the recap:

I had this same issue as well. I rolled Skype back to version 4.1.0.179 and it fixed the problem. Obviously not a permantent fix but allowed me to use the G930 headset in stereo mode and hear out of both speakers. Hers is where I found the old version for download:

http://www.oldapps.com/skype.php?old_skype=86

It seems like it might be a problem on both the Skype and Logitech ends but no fix as yet as far as I know.

Logi Browser
UCBarkeeper

**bleep** logitech, srsly. fix this.

Logi Visitor
nomnompie

Hi all. If you guys happen to be on windows 7, try my solution I posted here. Last post on page 1. 

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Headphones-Headsets-Microphones/G930-and-StarCraft-2/td-p/480553

Logi Visitor
Belaial

[ Edited ]

nomnompie wrote:

Hi all. If you guys happen to be on windows 7, try my solution I posted here. Last post on page 1. 

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Headphones-Headsets-Microphones/G930-and-StarCraft-2/td-p/480553

That fix works, I use it and have reposted it on other threads.

Give it a try, at least it allowed me to get sound on both ears even when not using the "Surround effect". It also fixed my issue with wired directional sounds in Wow.

Kudos once again nomnompie.

Logi Browser
DerMega

/sign, same for me.

I use it and it works fine. 7.1 is still working.

reposted it in another thread too.

Logi Nu
Gabba

If you're on XP and having stereo issues (only hearing from right speaker) try go to properties for soundcards/speaker settings/advanced and change from 7.1 speaker to headphones. That fixed my stereo problem for both wow and TS3. For some reason the installation defaults it to 7.1