Logi Nu
RightousRocker

G930 With iPhone

Ok, i know due to reading another post that you cant link the G930 headset to an iPhone, however i was wondering if it was possible... bare with me here... you know that charger for the iPhone? with the Male USB on one end and the iPhone jack on another? basically linking the Male to a Double Female USB, with the bluetooth reciever on the other end of the Double Female... basically so that the sound would go from the iPhone, through the bluetooth thing into the Headphones... i know it isnt portable but thats not really a problem =P

And if that wouldn't work how about audio cable to USB, then the USB to a double female and into the bluetooth thingy etc. etc... its just i was hoping a headset like this would support it...

Brap
Logi Apprentice
EamonnDH

Re: G930 With iPhone

Just no.

The G930 is specifically made for the PC and will only work properly for it.

Logi Nu
RightousRocker

Ok, but what im wondering is why? does it rely on software only the PC can run? Because if it can give sound from a PC without installing software then there is no reason for it to not work, all its doing is transfering data, same as it would for PC...

Brap
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
kpeppard

Hello RightousRocker:

I have read your query and unfortunately, just like oil and water, you cannot mix digital to analog.

The phone would be producing, and receiving, an analog signal and the Headset, because it is USB, would interpret a digital signal. Also, the iPhone would not have the correct drivers.

I hope that this helps in your understanding why the setup you proposed would not work.

Regards,

Kevin

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
All opinions written here are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer.
Logi Apprentice
EamonnDH

[ Edited ]

Oddly enough I've got to say wha [please be courteous]

The reason it won't work is software. You think that no software was installed on your computer and the audio still worked, this is incorrect. When you connect the device some form of software is automatically setup for you G930, albeit with limited capabilities.

The iPhone cannot use this software as it does not exists (and probably never will) and therefore will never ever support any USB headsets of any kind.

Logi Nu
Vlaster12

http://sourceforge.net/projects/shairport4w/

Other solution, you must use windows... normal.

Regards

Logi Journeyman
Asmodian

While you can use the headset "without installing software", Windows does install drivers for it.

Felixer86

Hi there,

I saw your response, and there are converters out there that convert an analog signal to digital. Do you think the headphones would be compatible with the iphone if I used one of these?

Logi Nu
Iphonecapable

niga  i once a met a dude who had no social life but could do ANYTHANG with phones including writing his own apss lol, I LOVE THESE HEADPHONES AND the clubs in the town i livein **bleep**ing have the worst djs some of em claim to play rap but it aint. I was thinking i wanna go with these Logitech g930 Headphones on and just jam to my dj pandora hard.  Everyones happy lol n I stop complaining bout the Toons played.  Haha Plus there wireless way better than my beats by Dres that would prolly come out the plug dancing it.  IS THERE ANY WAY TO DO IT COME FORWARDS NERDS HOW TO CONNECT VIA IPHONE! 

Logi Nu
Iphonecapable

i know it's possible