Logi Browser
jininder

G930 g-key support for skype

I just got my G930 today, and I was wondering if it was possible to enable g-key support for Skype. This would allow the keys to answer calls, answer calls with video, hanging up, or ignoring calls. I find many people use this program and will benefit from not missing a call while in game or away from keyboard.

Thank you for listening to my suggestion.

Logi Journeyman
Asmodian

Re: G930 g-key support for skype

I have written a keyboard emulation plugin that allows you to use keyboard hot keys for any application.

Of course an official plugin for Skype would be easier but mine works if you want to use G-keys now.

Please let me know if you need other keys or key combos (alt-home, ctrl-end, etc.)

jininder

I tried to use the plugin but I didn't end up seeing anything in the drop down menu when I add it through the G930 application into C:\ProgramData\Logitech\G-Series Headset\GkeyAppls

Logi Journeyman
Asmodian

I am sorry, you need to install Visual Studio C++ redist before you install the dll through the drivers

jininder

[ Edited ]

Thank you works now I can see the drop down boxes. Would be able to include the following key combos Alt-C, Alt-V, Alt-R, Alt-Q in the .dll file?

Your power management dropbox doesn't show up just to let you know. 

Also What does the "slience" audio file do? Lastly, what is the difference between the keytoggle and keyboard?

Much thanks again! :smileyvery-happy:

Logi Journeyman
Asmodian

[ Edited ]

You need to put the silence.wav in the root of C:\ if you want to use the power management plugin.  It plays it to keep the headphones on (they turn themselves off after ~30min of true silence).  It is just very very quite white noise.

keytoggle is a workaround to allow the G-keys to hold a key down because of limitations in the SDK from Logitech.  It allows one button click to hold a key down, another click to release it.  Meant for push-to-talk functionality.

I'll try to get those keys added tonight.

EDIT: here is a new version AsmodianG930Plugins-v1.4

jininder

Thanks a ton! It works like a charm :smileyhappy:

Logi Visitor
JOSHSKORN

I'm having the same issue.  That is, Powermanagement is not appearing in the list.  I've downloaded and installed the said Redist file and no luck.

I've recently upgraded my hard drive and on my previous hard drive, this worked just fine.  I don't understand why it isn't working now.  I did the same steps.  I've installed the G930 drivers from the disc, as I did with my previous hard drive.

Logi Journeyman
Asmodian

[ Edited ]

Oops!  I have no idea why the dll went weird, sorry for not re-testing it. :smileysad:

Here is new version of the pack with an updated powermanagement dll.

AsmodianG930Plugins-v1.5.zip

JOSHSKORN

OK I can confirm that v1.5 works.  That is, for what I need it for: G930 PowerManagement.dll.  Thanks!

I still wonder how I got it to work before...what version I was using.  Hmm.  Maybe I was using an earlier version...1.2 maybe?  I don't remember.

I think there's a 64-bit version of the G930 Configure program.  When I looked at the downloads for this headset, I was able to choose 32 or 64-bit.  And does this DLL file work with it?