Logi Nu
squirk

G930 - how to switch PC audio to speakers when headset turned off?

Argh.  I don't know what I am doing wrong.  The headset appears fine.

If I set the headset as the default device in Control Panel (Win7), the audio comes through my headphones just fine.  However, when I turn the headset off, the PC audio doesn't re-route to my speakers (HDMI).  I just get no sound (and yes, I did check the volume sliders on everything).

Now, if I go back into Control Panel and set the HDMI speakers as default, the audio comes out of my monitor's built-in speakers just fine.  But then when I turn the headphones on, the sound is not re-routed to my headset.  It just keeps coming out of my monitor speakers.

There has to be a way to set this all up so that audio is routed to the headset when it's turned on, but routed to the monitor speakers when the headset is turned off, right?  I shouldn't have to keep going into Control Panel and keep switching the default device around, do I?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Meltech

Re: G930 - how to switch PC audio to speakers when headset turned off?

Hello squirk,

Unfortunately, this is the way windows built their audio system. If you unplug the receiver for the G930 it will automatically revert back to your speakers and then when plug it back in will go back to the G930.

Here's a previous forum post that is a work around

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Headphones-Headsets-Microphones/G35-software-feature-request-switch-wi...

Kind Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
KevSteele

Seems to me this auto-switching could be added to the driver - it already knows if the headphones are turned on or off, so having it automatically set Windows 7's default speakers should be easy.

In the meantime, here's a nifty system tray program that lets you use a hot-key to toggle sount output settings:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/win7audioswitch/

Logi Nu
izchevy509

My G930s worked when I first got them it switched back to Stero Speakers and back to Headphones without any problems and since the last update it doesnt work...I now have to go into Controll Panel and set the one I want to use to Default Communication...

Logi Nu
Idaho_Biker

I had an Issue when I Installed My Logitech Speaker System Z-5300e, switching between the 2, I contacted my MoBo Manufacturer (Gugabyte), and they sent me to Realtek, and They set me up with a Program to work. Now I go to the Volume Control / Mixer on my Task-Bar, I click on it, Open it, and Simply Switch to Headset (G930), works Fine. Make sure you have Your Main Speakers set as Default in Playback.

You Might Check with your MoBo manufacturer if you have an embedded sound card , and see what Downloads they have available.

Also, there's a Quick little Fix I picked up over at Bleepingcomputer, it's called QuikSwitch (108Kb), and it allows you to Switch between the 2 Systems with 1 Click (after You set it up)...{ I used this when I was using my Built-In Speakers in my Monitor}

I could supply a Link, if you need one?

Just an Ol' Idaho Biker