Logi Nu
Beebolini

G930 not detected on reboot

Hello all,

I have a G930 headset.  I recently downloaded the latest software, version 8.20.74, and since installing it, the software does not detect the headset by default, until I unplug and replug the USB cable.

The headset works for sound without being detected, but for obvious reasons, the G-keys do not work, and the sound is not software-enhanced.

I also have a G13 keyboard, and it is detected successfully at boot time.

Logi Browser
UKEZ

Re: G930 not detected on reboot

I've owned these for nearly a week and im having the exact same problem as you and i'm also having the problem that everyone else is having where as the headset disconnects.

I thought id let you know that your not alone and that someone else is experiencing the same issue. I also have to unplug the USB dongle and plug it back up before the logitech software will begin to recognise my G930 7.1 headset.

Heres another thing that would be great if logitech can make work whilst they're toying with their firmware / software; click here.

Logi Nu
Beebolini

Thanks!  Good to hear I'm not alone.

<patiently waits for a reply from Logitech, and/or a software update>

Older versions of the software did not do this.  I may try downgrading.  ...shouldn't have to, but I may try it anyway.

Logi Rook
jgt1942

The unplug/plug the G930 USB cable in the PC seems to be a common issue. Late last week I talked to support and they are aware of the issue but have had problems reproducing it in the lab. Due to the super complex PC environment I can well understand the problems they encounter trying to reproduce and fix issues but it seems to be very painful for a lot of users.

Earlier I reverted to an earlier driver (if interesed please look for my post) that has less serious issues for me.

Good luck!

JGT
Desktop-S4 (Win8.1 Pro x64, 16GB RAM, 12TB (4-3TB Drives, Boot Drive 500GB Samsung 840EVO SSD , Dual Monitors, GeForce GTX470, Motherboard Asrock 990 Extreme 9, AMD Phenom™ II 6 core-AMD 890FX Chipset ), Laptop Lenovo W700 (Win8 Pro x64, 4GB RAM, 1-240GB SSD Boot drive 1-500GB data drive
Logi Nu
tsilla

got mine fixed by connecting the dongle to the G19 usb port.

just in case someone else is having the same problems.

Logi Nu
drunksob

same problem more info.

the device is detected in the device manager and says its working fine BUT the device is not detected in ctrl pannel/sound/ playback devices or recording devices, witch is needed to be able to switch from speakers to headset. this seems to be ether a windows problem or a realtek hd audio problem.

I can recreate this problem in all 6 of my computers so its not a hardware malfunction and is not a service not running.

they all have these specs

mother board:     asus crosshair v

sound driver:       Realtek_Audio_V51006363_XP_V6016363_VistaWin7

IF THE BOYS IN THE LAB NEED ANY  MORE HELP RECREATING THIS ISSUE OR SYS INFO THEY CAN EMAIL ME OR CALL. SO GET YOUR LAZY ..... TO WORK.

P.S. if you are reading this I have most likely solved the problem and am to lazy to post back the solution..I know Im a duche bag XD

Logi Browser
JensDevolder

When is this going to be fixed????
I received my BRAND NEW new generation headset after my previous broke and i have it now for 4 days and every goddamn pc reboot its not reconized and it takes me multiple reconnecting the connector and work to get it fixed!!!

FIX this please!!!

Logi Browser
Felereca

1. When your computer starts up. it automatically starts up LGS, and as you can see it says ''No devices detected''
2. Close LGS, and go to secret icons in the down Right corner, as you can see there is the icon of ''Logitech Gaming Software, what your gonna do now, is rightclick the LGS icon and press ''Quit''
3.After you've done that go to your LGS Shortcut and rightclick and press ''as administrator''

if it's right it should work now, i had this problem before.
if it's not working. iam so sorry for you. but this might fix the problems for some people.

Greetings,

Peter
Logi Rook
vlykarye

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry for all your troubles, and everyone elses. However, there will never be an update to fix this issue. If you restart your computer often, you might want to look at using the original software that came with your headset. For other logitech devices, you may still use the new and ever so often updated Logitech Gaming Software. However, it has been found that using the original software for a logitech headset is best. I have a quick guide up on how to do this:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Headphones-Headsets-Microphones/Logitech-G930-Surround-Sound-Issues-an...

If you try it, I hope it fixes any issues you might have right now. If you find a different solution that works, please let us know.

Logi Rook
vlykarye

Also, please don't rely on this method:

1. When your computer starts up. it automatically starts up LGS, and as you can see it says ''No devices detected''
2. Close LGS, and go to secret icons in the down Right corner, as you can see there is the icon of ''Logitech Gaming Software, what your gonna do now, is rightclick the LGS icon and press ''Quit''
3.After you've done that go to your LGS Shortcut and rightclick and press ''as administrator''

Your computer should automatically start up the LGS. That is what the software is designed to do. The problem might be how your computer is set up. If it's set up to disallow administrative actions, then your best bet is to not have the LGS start automatically. This means that you will have to start it yourself every time, but you don't have to Quit it by right clicking the "secret icon."