Logi Nu
GuiAvila

G930 "disconnecting"

Hello there,

my G930 is disconnecting randomly, as if it were out of wireless range (green light blinking), but I'm right next to the reciever. It does not reconnect unless I unplug and re-plug the wireless reciever. Not even the clip-in-the-pin-hole method works to reconnect it.

Some weird thing I discovered is when the headset's sound stops, if I'm fast and put the mic down and up right away, the sound usually (not always) comes back and it will play as normal until it disconnects again.

Can anyone help me?

Logi Nu
Kaishen

Re: G930 "disconnecting"

Hey, GuiAvila!

After running some tests with my G930 and a bunch of other wireless devices in my house, I figured out what may be the cause of all the disconnects. I have discovered that whenever someone activates the WiFi or calls my landline phone (Which is an older 2.4GHz cordless phone) the headset disconnects. The best thing to do is move your higer-powered wireless devices/transmitters (Routers, phones, etc.) away from the receiver (at least 10-20 feet [3-6 meters] away from it. Lower-powered devices (such as USB dongles for other wireless devices like mice, keyboards, and bluetooth are not powerful enough to disrupt the headset's transciever.) It stopped disconnecting completely once I did that! Try it! Hope this helps!

-Kaishen

Logi Nu
wasimlhr

This is plain stupid, I will now look for a refund or an exchange to the wired model.

It has started to happen every 5 seconds its un useable!

Logi Browser
Simpuhl

I have no other wireless stuff and mine keep disconnecting randomly... im 2 ft from the reciever.. **bleep**.. i notice the green light stop flashing when it does

Logi Nu
BrunoVinicius

I've reached this forum and by the insights givn by the author I belive I've found a better solution.

Just go though your internet router setup and change the Wi-Fi channel to 11.

The channels in the WiFi are tiny fractions of tiny a range surroungding the 2.4ghz spectrum.

Changing my router to use channel 11 (they range from 1 to 11) made the problem go away.

I'm using the headsets for abou a hour now without any disconnections.

Hope it helps.

Best Regars

Bruno

Logi Browser
wsalomon

I'm trying this out. If this doesn't solve my issue, I'm going to call Logitech, and ask for a replacement wired model instead.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
kpeppard

Hello all:

I am sorry to hear that your G930's are disconnecting. The last reply sounded positive. please keep me abreast of any further developments of this reply.

Otherwise, please contact your Customer Service department of your region. There may be something they can do.

Regards,

Kevin

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
All opinions written here are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer.
Logi Browser
wsalomon

I just came in to post that I changed the wireless channel to 11, and it still did not work. It disconnected twice in the past 30 minutes. So I completely unplugged my wireless router from power, and it still disconnected. I am going to call Customer Support to see if I can downgrade to the wired model, and get a credit for the remainder of the price. 

Logi Browser
wsalomon

Well, this is just great. Two calls made to Logitech Support, and both times, after hearing what the problem is, they disconnect me. Going to make a third call, and if I get hung up on again, I'm going further up the food chain.

Logi Journeyman
Asmodian

[ Edited ]

I am pretty sure your G930 is broken, I had one that was fine for a month and then started to disconnect all of a sudden and my roommates was still fine so I didn't think it was a change in wireless enviroment.  I exchanged it and the new one has been fine for a long time now (only a few rare disconnects).