Logi Nu
steevieg

G930 volume randomly changing, possibly due to surround mode

I've had this headset for about a week now and am really loving it except for one thing.

Whenever I have the dolby surround enabled, the volume randomly cuts into what seems like 2D/3D and it just keeps going softer, then louder, repeatedly. This happens usually when I have music playing in the background and am playing a game like League of Legends with Ventrilo opened as well.

Right now, I have the dolby surround turned off, and that seems to have remedied it for the time being; however this is not a solution that I am satisfied with as I bought this headset for the surround, albeit emulated. Some solutions I've found is to use older drivers, but I personally am stuck with using the Logitech Gaming Software as I have a G710+ keyboard and a G500s mouse on top of this new headset.

I've been a Logitech supporter all my life and plan on continuing so in the future. Please if there is any solution, that would be greatly appreciated.

Logi Nu
Akaranir

Re: G930 volume randomly changing, possibly due to surround mode

I have the same problem, please help us logitech !
Logi Browser
Galbadia

Yeah same problem here with my G430,
When teamspeak opened, you can hear the sound just mess up by going up and down in volume

I brought a new logitech headset because the G35 surprised me by how awesome it was but this kinda dissapoints me.

Please let us know if you guys can fix this with a firmware update, or do i need to send this product back
?

Logi Visitor
Qrox

+1

My G430's are doing the same thing.  Really wish I knew if this is a issue that Logitech is aware of and is trying to fix.

Really needs a fix ASAP.

Awesome sound when you are just listining to music, but as soon as you try to play games while Teamspeak is open or you are playing music, the sound jumps up and down...

Logi Browser
Galbadia

This Topic needs to stay alive, and we need a answer from Logitech support because we pay a good amount of money for a product which is having issues right now.
An answer would be appreciated.

Logi Visitor
Qrox

So I contacted customer support about my G430 that is giving the same issue as the G930.  Tried installing the new software that came out today (8.51) and tried the headset on a different pc.

Eventually they told me that it might be a faulty headset, so I'll take the headset back tommorrow.  I'll post back here when I get a replacement and hope that it resolves the issue.

Logi Nu
Dylanups

Same problem here. Hope this can get fixed

Logi Visitor
Qrox

So I went in to the shop and they gave me a replacement.  Unfortunately I'm still getting the same problem.  So either there is a massive batch of sound cards that came out for these headsets that are defective, or its the software...

Logi Nu
Fomorian

[ Edited ]

Having the exact same issues with my G930.

This applies only in surround mode:

When I have 1 program open using sound, there is no problem.

As soon as there is sound coming from a different program, the volume randomly starts changing.

When I switch to stereo, some sounds only come from the right bud.

Not quite happy about this seeing as it isn't the cheapest headset in the world.

EDIT:

As of now, it also crashes my volume whenever I plug it in to USB to charge it.

Logi Browser
Galbadia

[ Edited ]

Update: I have installed the latest drivers (8.51) like Qrox did and i plugged in my G35.

it even recognized my G35 and it caused the same volume issues in Surround mode as my G430 does right now.
which it never happend before for atleast 2 years!

So i grabbed my G35 drivers (the disk that came with the headset) installed it and now the volume issues are solved.

i think this proves that the newer drivers for the Logitech surround headsets are screwing up it's Surround mode.

i'm using my G430 for my PS4 at the moment, but im seriously hoping that they will fix their drivers soon!