Logi Nu
iceagecoming

G930 won't turn off, buttons/volume/7.1 switch not responding

Hi, my g930 can't be turned off, even if i hold the button for 5 seconds and release. Also none of the buttons/switches/volume control are working. What can be causing this? According to the 930 software, the battery has 10hrs left, after a full charge. It was working find before the last charge. 

Cheers

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Cintech

Re: G930 won't turn off, buttons/volume/7.1 switch not responding

Hello iceagecomming,

Please try the headset on a different computer if possible.  Contact Logitech Customer care for your region if this issue persists .

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
ripspinner

try unplugging the reciever. Then hold down the power button for 5 secs. That worked for me. I was having the same problem.

PS you may want to go into task manager and stop the drivers before plugging the reciever in. Then start the drivers again and plug in the reciever before turning it on or it may not recognize your g keys properly (if you just plug the reciever back in without stopping the software)

Logi Nu
Danimalian

Hi, I just posted this to a user on another thread.  I hope it helps.

I just had the same problem starting yesterday.  My headset would only turn on if it was connected to power, the power button would not work (whether it was off or on), and surround sound was off no matter how the switch on the headset was positioned.  I tried all the driver uninstalling/re-installing and usb plugging/unplugging combinations I could until I finally got fed up and opened up the headset itself.  Fortunately, this seems to be the way to fix it.

I read on another post that the battery compartment is in the right headphone, and since I have issues with right channels failing constantly anyway (especially when bass is involved), I opened it.  I should warn you, though, that this will void your warranty (apparently).  First, you should be sure that the headset is unplugged.  Then, you will need a small screwdriver (I used a Pozi PZ00 head, but a Phillips-head of similar size seems to work as well) to unscrew the ear cushion which will then allow you to unscrew the plastic casing.  All you need to do then is disconnect and reconnect the battery at the small white plastic connector.  Before screwing everything else in again, be sure to test it out and make sure everything is working properly again.  Basically, this seemed to have been a "hard reset" for the hardware of the headset, and it is working fine so far.

Best of luck.

Logi Nu
Zyborg

There is also a reset button on the earphones, as usual it is a tiny little hole next to the usb connection on the headphone, find something like a pin and push it and it will reset the earphones :smileyhappy: good luck! PS I also had this problem multiple times, and this fixes it everytime.
Logi Nu
kaindracul

Thankyou for the reminder of the reset switch...I "HAD" the same issue with my headse and I was not about to open them up....I used the reset switch and it was an instant fix....I have use of all functions on my headset as well as maintained my warrenty...like I said thankyou for the reminder...peace

Logi Browser
Allygash

Dani thx that saved me alot of hassle your reset trick works! :smileywink:

Taylarie

This topic has now been closed. If you have the same issue, please post your issue in a new thread.