Logi Browser
IIMacGyverII

Get your G930 to work on and with Xbox 360 and PS3!

[ Edited ]

You need a computer, separate sound card and it's easiest with windows 7. 

You have to route the Xbox output to the line in on your computer etc.  You can use the digital output or the red and white RCA cables etc.  If you use the RCA cables you will need to convert the RCA jacks to a Headphones style connector etc. If you choose to use Digital Optical then make sure your sound card can decode Dolby DIgital.  Otherwise you will get a lot of junk noise and no real use. NOTE: There are only a few cards that will decode Doblby Digital inputs.  You will have to do your research however with all digital input cards or your RCA cables, you will be able to use them in stereo at least with your G930's virtual surround

I'll try explaining.

1. From the Xbox audio out to the line-in(or digital optical in) of your existing sound card. 

2. Under Control Panel> Sound> Recording Tab.  Set your line in to "Listen" and set the playback to your logitech G930. You may need to lower the "Levels" on your line in to filter out some of the sound.  The xbox signal Strength is high.  At this point you should hear the audio from your xbox.

3. Set your Xbox voice chat option to "Play voice through speakers".  This will let you hear voice chat through your headset.

4. Use your audio out or speaker connection on your existing sound card and connect it to the headset jack on your Xbox controller.  You will need to convert it from 3.5mm on your PC side to 2.5mm on your controller side.

5. Under Recording again, set your G930's Microphone to "Listen" and the Playback device to your audio out or speaker connection from your existing sound card. You may need to lower the "Levels" of your audio out or speakers because it will be too high for the Xbox.  At this point other people should be able to hear you.

6. Test your microphone by sending a voice message to a friend and use the playback option(but don't send it).  This will let you get the right level so that you're not over powering other people's ears.

7. Test in a game and make sure you're not transmitting all the time when you're not talking.  If you are transmitting all the time then turn your level down until you're only transmitting when you're talking.

There is a bit of work to make this happen but it does work and it blows My old Trittons, X41's and my newer Astro 40's out of the water once you have it tweaked properly.  Plus you can play sounds and music on your computer and everyone in the game can hear it, but only if you want them to!

Logi Nu
sircolby45

Re: Get your G930 to work on and with Xbox 360 and PS3!

How is the surround effect when you are only getting stereo audio from the 360? I researched for hours last night and could not find a single solution to get 5.1 audio from the 360 to the PC that didn't cost like $500+. Most sound cards can ENCODE DD/DTS over S/PDIF, but they can not DECODE DD/DTS over S/PDIF. So basically there is no way for the PC to receive the 5.1 audio from the 360 that I know of.

Logi Nu
smithcakes

Any idea on how to do this with windows XP? I am having a terrible time trying to be able to select my G930 as what I want my "line-in" to play across. 

"Set your line in to 'Listen' and set the playback to your logitech G930"

I cant seem to figure out how the heck to do this in Win XP. All I have the option to do is play line in out my "realtek HD audio output". It doesnt even give me the option for my G930's.

Likewise, I am running into the same problem setting my G930's microphone to listen and playing it through my audio out. I have no idea how to do this in XP, though it seems so simple in windows 7.... ugh. any help would be appreciated.

Logi Nu
Skillz66

You did"t mention much about the PS3 connections and what to do to adjust your voice and stuff like that. I tried to go with it but I am not very technologicaly advanced. Also I have Windows Vista and I can't get it to work. Oh, also where does the digital cable plug into the computer? Is the sound card in the computer? If not where do I get one. Thanks:smileyhappy:

Logi Nu
Tricky2U

Here's how I got my PS3 (-minus a working mic/someone else post if you get the mic working) with the Logitech G930 Headset.

1. From the PS3 audio out to the line-in (or digital optical in) of your existing sound card of your PC.

I have the X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro!

Because I use the PS3 Surround Sound System also for the PS3/TV-Monitor for Optical Sound.

If you have up to 3 Output Speakers sources, this 3-way Optical Switch makes it easy!
PS3 to IN/OUT of Switch
#1 selector switch position to (digital optical in) of your existing sound card of your PC.
#2 selector switch position to (digital optical in) of PS3 Surround Sound System, input Digital.

http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-28734-Explorer-Selector/dp/B0002OF2FC/ref=pd_bxgy_e_img_a 

2. Windows Under Control Panel> Sound> Speakers Logitech G930 Headset, make Default Device> Recording Tab, Digital-In make Default Device> Properties>  Listen, check mark "Listen to this divice", Playback choose Logitech G930 Headset. You may need to adjust volume in tab "Levels" on your line in to filter out some of the sound.

3. PS3 go to Settings> Sound Settings> Audio Output Settings> Optical Digital> UNCHECK "Dolby Digital 5.1 CH. & DTS 5.1 CH. & ACC" only CHECK all "Linear PCM's".

You should now hear the PS3 from the Logitech G930 Wireless Headset!

Logi Nu
mickking06

Can anyone give insight on why i cannot get the mic to get signal when using this headset on xbox. I followed the guide and have the required cables and adapters. I have the xbox sound working fine but when i plug the headset 3.5mm into audio out and the 2.5mm into  the controller. The mic icon in party chat disappears and then of course doesnt work. Any ideas?

Logi Nu
Anthrax

Hey, Im trying to do this and it seems to be working. Ive got the xbox set to only stero as I cant decode dolby digital. I have no luck trying to decode it using AC3 then sending to xbox. I can get it to work by using graphstudio however I have about a 1.5 second sound delay and voice chat is very high pitch. It is also sort of crackly. Using this technique all I get is huge amounts of crackling with a tiny amount of xbox sound coming through and it is very patchy. Any ideas what im doing wrong?

Logi Nu
Romulon_Icon

[ Edited ]

Another alternative to doing this on the PS3 especially if you don't have computer soundcard with the OPTICAL INPUT.

THIS WAY YOU MUST USE A **Mac** ONLY.

You can still run a TOSLINK(optical to 3.5mm converter) from the PS3 into the Mac microphone jack. Like this

Photobucket

You can aslo just get the adapter if you already own an optical cord.

**And again you must run a Mac with the TOSLINK.**

**Also**

**If you don't have a Mac**

Just use the sound and video from the PS3 through HDMI.

Then run a (3.5mm to Sterio RCA Male) from the audio out of the TV to your computers microphone jack

Like this

Photobucket

If you don't have any sound you may try switching your Analog Audio Out to "Fixed" from your TV settings.

Also try unpluging all the other audio output from the TV (incase you have a stereo)

**You can then continue directions from your computer**

(Provided by MacGyver and Tricky2U)

2. Windows Under Control Panel> Sound> Speakers Logitech G930 Headset, make Default Device> Recording Tab, Digital-In make Default Device> Properties>  Listen, check mark "Listen to this divice", Playback choose Logitech G930 Headset.

3. PS3 go to Settings> Sound Settings> Audio Output Settings> HDMI

You should now hear the PS3 from the Logitech G930 Wireless Headset

**FOR GOOD SOUND QUALITY THIS WAY**

I suggest going to your computer audio manager (I have an ASUS so its the Realtek HD audio manager).

Then turning down the RECORDING audio ALL the way down.

And using the PLAYBACK audio as your sound control.

When using BOTH it causes terrible bass sounds.

GOODLUCK TO EVERYONE!

ASK IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS!

Logi Nu
FateXeroSaber

hmm... i got my xbox connected to the sound card via toslink optical cable, and did all the settings etc as on that tutorial... but i don't hear any sound from the xbox on the headphones.... don't suppose its because i'm using HDMI from the xbox to the tv?