Logi Nu
Shina

H600 "Working" but no audio heard nor mic..

I JUST bought the Logitech Wireless Headset H600, charged it, and installed properly. However, I hear absolutely no audio, nor does my mic recognize any noise, even during testing. It says the device is working.. but nothing happens. I have Windows 7. Any help?

MichaelKenward
Topics: 17
Solutions: 252

Re: H600 "Working" but no audio heard nor mic..

Look into the sound settings in Windows.

• Control Panel
  • Sound
  • Playback

Is the headset there? What happens if you change that to be the default Playback device?

With several sound outputs on a PC, something has to tell it which one to use. You either do it "manually" as above, or you go to the software you are using to generate the sound and look for an output option there.

For example, I use transcribing software. It has "Playback" options where I can pick where the sound goes.

In Windows Media Player:

• Options
  • Devices
  • Speakers
  • Properties
  • Sound playback
  • Select the audio device

There may also be sound software on the PC itself. If these steps don't get you there, come back with more details of your system and someone may be able to help.

M570, Cordless Trackball | Cordless Trackman Wheel | T650 Touchpad
K800, K360, K340 keyboards
QuickCam Pro 9000 | H600 headset
SetPoint: 6.61.15 | Driver version: 5.60.73 | LWS 2.31
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit & 32-bit | Windows 8.1 Update

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.

Logi Nu
Shina

[ Edited ]

I have the audio working but now my mic won't work.. It's set as default, checked everything. There's no green bar at all. It was working when I connected the reciever to the headset but now nothing.

EDIT 7/20/2012 - Mic is working but now the audio isn't. I can hear the beeps for when the volume is maxed, but that's it. It's default Playback device, connected, on, everything. Just no audio from the computer itself. It's starting to get annoying when one day it works and another something's wrong. Didn't use it for one day, and the audio blows.

Logi Nu
Rain7

This exact problem is happening to me. Just got this mic today, charged it, and installed the drivers. All set up. It is set as my default playback device, but no sound comes through. I can hear when i mute it and when i unmute it, so it clearly can do SOME sound, but nothing else.

The bar next to the device in the Sound window even shows the sound coming into the mic, like it should be there. The levels rise and fall where they should, but there... just isn't any sound. Super annoying, never had an issue like this before.

Going to be returning this product within the week if I can't figure it out.

MichaelKenward
Topics: 17
Solutions: 252

Rain7 wrote:

This exact problem is happening to me. Just got this mic today, charged it, and installed the drivers. All set up. It is set as my default playback device, but no sound comes through. I can hear when i mute it and when i unmute it, so it clearly can do SOME sound, but nothing else.

The bar next to the device in the Sound window even shows the sound coming into the mic, like it should be there. The levels rise and fall where they should, but there... just isn't any sound. Super annoying, never had an issue like this before.

Going to be returning this product within the week if I can't figure it out.

Not sure that I follow this. What doesn't work? Microphone or headphones?

Here is what it looks like at my end:

Note that the Headphones are not the default device, that is deliberate, but I can still hear them when I "Test".

When it comes to the microphone, here is what I have:

If you look at the properties for the microphone, you will see a "Level" tab:

If everything looks right on that front, then it might be worth running the Windows wizard

• Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Speech Recognition

The underlying problem is that Microsoft has never done a decent job on making "sound" user friendly.

M570, Cordless Trackball | Cordless Trackman Wheel | T650 Touchpad
K800, K360, K340 keyboards
QuickCam Pro 9000 | H600 headset
SetPoint: 6.61.15 | Driver version: 5.60.73 | LWS 2.31
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit & 32-bit | Windows 8.1 Update

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.

Logi Nu
toxicjoker64

I got a h600 headset and I am trying to see if you will w...

I got a h600 headset and I am trying to see if you will work for the wii, but it wont work have any suggestions?