Logi Nu
Josez
Accepted Solution

H760 Wireless Headset, Crackling and popping noises.

[ Edited ]

Hello, I have had my H760 wireless headset for about a month now, it works perfect on my laptop. But on my desktop, it has issues with Adobe Flash Player (mainly on youtube). On videos with good quality audio and video, my headset goes crazy and cracking noises are nonstop. Usually going to fullscreen makes the noises stop, or watching the video embedded or in a more compact size. Besides that, the headset works perfectly on everything else except videos in Adobe Flash Player. I've already tried reinstalling Flash Player and removing programs that might conflict with Flash Player but that has not helped one bit. Maybe someone can help me on this one, because I give up trying to fix it. Also, if i minimize the window that the video is playing on, the crackling stops, or if I scroll down so i don't see the video anymore. Changing the quality of the video to the lowest (240p) does not help either.

Thank you, - Jose.

Haha, it gave me a taco for my avatar picture! XD, perfecta

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
dhelpard1

Re: H760 Wireless Headset, Crackling and popping noises.

Hello Josez,

You stated that if you minimize the window, or scroll down until the video is off the screen the crackling stops.  This could be caused by outdated video drivers.  I would recommend updating your video drivers to the latest version as well as updating your directx.  Please visit the website of your video card manufacturer to obtain updated video drivers. You can update your directx by searching for "DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer" and downloading the web installer.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.

Logi Nu
Josez

sadly doing all of that did not work :smileysad: . I've tried just updating, i've tried reinstalling... i've tried everything! Why is it doing this.

dhelpard1

Hello Josez,

Are you using the same browser on your laptop as you are on your desktop?  If yes, please try a different browser on your desktop to see if the results are the same.   Do you get the same audio problems when you are using you sound card instead of the headset?

Sincerely,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.

Logi Nu
Josez

I've tried every browser known to man :smileyvery-happy: (IE, Opera, Mozilla, Chrome). On my laptop the headphones work perfectly on all browsers, on my desktop its the same amount of crackling on every browser. I've tried reinstalling my sound card, disabling it, closing every program in taskmanager except the windows processes. I never have had any crackling noises using my sound card, speakers or tons of different headphones. I wonder why it's just youtube that's giving me the crackling noises, and some other sites like videobb and megavideo. But I can watch HD videos with amazing video quality/sound quality, 10x better than youtube's quality, on websites like mtv, history channel, etc? It's just a very weird problem, if i can't solve it i'll just have to watch youtube using my speakers and use my headphones for everything else.

dhelpard1

Hello Josez,

Since I already know your headset works fine on another computer,  this seems to be a software problem.  You may have some programs running in the background which are causing your grief.  I would recommend booting your computer in a "clean boot" environment and then testing your headset on youtube with known videos that cause your poor audio.  The instructions for performing a clean boot can be found here.

I hope this helps you out.

Sincerely,

Logi Nu
PoppingNoise

I just bought the H70 wireless headset, and I could tell that it was going to break very soon. I already had to form a bracket to support it.... on day 1.... But that isn't even my main concern.  The POPPING NOISE!

Did I really just pay $80 to listen to crackling popping noise and have a headset that will break without reinforcement?  I think I did... :smileysad:    Thinking of returning.

Logi Browser
sentry_7

Do it. Return them and take your money and run. Don't look back.