Logi Nu
vpalango

H800 & Unifying Reciever

Is the H800 Headset compatible with the Unifying reciever.  If not, are any of the wireless headsets compatible.  I'm considering purchasing one, and don't want to add another reciever to my PC.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
dhelpard1

Re: H800 & Unifying Reciever

Hello vpalango,

The H800 wireless headset is not a unifying device and therefore is not compatible with a unifying receiver.  Currently Logitech do not manufacture any headsets that utilize the unifying receiver.  The H800 can be used with its own nano receiver, or via a bluetooth connection.  If your computer has a bluetooth receiver you can use the H800 headset without using its unifying receiver.

I hope this helps you out.

Sincerely,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.

Logi Browser
lindenb

Thank you...

After a few hours of frustration... i got it to work after reading your post....

I have a unifying set up on my main pc..   but i purchased a H800 and K400 keyboard bundle for my laptop..

The K400 and H800 both have their own same looking BT dongles.. just one is Unifying standard the other not..  i assumed as many others that the H800 would work with my existing unifying dongles... this is where i was wrong..

Logitech can save their customers from this confusion, by adding a note into the package saying that the H800 isnt compatible and you must use the included dongle..   I have seen posts in the forums of the BT issues, andi tried those before finding this post..    

Thanks again..

Logi Nu
TUCBuckeye

I was very bummed when I read this response. I could have sworn that I read on Amazon that the H800 worked with the unifying receiver. Shame on me for not checking around more.

I have another question then.....I have 2 h800's....one for work and one for home. Can I use one receiver for both (keep a receiver in my laptop) or is the receiver specific to that single headset meaning I'd still have to switch out receivers when switching between home and office?

Cintech

Re: H800 & Unifying Receiver

Hello TUCBuckeye,

If you are swapping receivers you will need to repair to the desired receiver when needed.

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26699/section/troubleshoot/crid/438/lt_p...

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
TUCBuckeye

That should help a little...thank you.

Logi Nu
mecha_dragon

I have lost my dongle and am unable to connect via bluetooth. Is there a way I can order a replacement dongle? I saw that the Great Britain store has replacement parts.

Cintech

Hello mecha_dragon,

Please contact Logitech Customer Care for your region. The part number for the H800 receiver is 993-000567.

Best Regards,

Logi Nu
Dotdoc

Hi, i am a bit confied ...completly confused. 

I bought H800 an connected it to its own nano reciver. Works fine!

2 month later i got Mouse MX Performance and conneced it also to the same nano reciver as H800. Works fine!

1 month later i got K400 Keyboard and conneced it also to (H800 nano reciver). Works fine!

So all 3 deviced in 1 Nano -Reciver!

Now i sold my PC an got a Notebook trying to get the same connection... nothing Works! Why?

Logi Browser
bbint

[ Edited ]

H800 - nano receiver works only with usb 3.0?

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Headphones-Headsets-Microphones/H800-nano-receiver-works-only-with-usb...

See this on youtube:

How to fix faulty USB Receiver (Logitech Unifying)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NlYRsVJB74

You jam a piece of paper into the receiver. (I didn’t take apart the receiver like the person in that video though before putting in the paper. Apparently, the connectors aren’t close together, and the paper helps push them together?).

I had problems pairing with the H800, I did the fix in that thread, and it seems to fix the pairing problem.

The weird thing is is that the fix is for a unifying device? However, the fix worked for the H800 receiver.

H800 - nano receiver works only with usb 3.0?

I read that you can buy a replacement receiver:

“Please contact Logitech Customer Care for your region. The part number for the H800 receiver is 993-000567.”

I’m going to try ordering a replacement, as I’m not comfortable with that “jam-a-paper-inside-the-receiver” fix.