Logi Visitor
TheHyproglo

Re: Has G930 mic issue been addressed by Logitech?

[ Edited ]

@Chrome15

That only happens in the voice preview within the logitech app.

Record yourself via windows recorder as normal voice and then morph, you will see what i mean. I have tested this like i discribed and also tested it with a friend on vent and i come in clear normal as well as morph.

Logi Nu
ArtemasAD

I'm not sure if CharlesB still roams around this forum anymore, but here's to hoping...

First of all, big fan of Logitech. I purchased G15 keyboard, G9 Mouse, and now G930. Your Marketing people would probably call me a "heart-loyal" customer, I suppose. But now, I'm second guessing myself. I just purchased G930 a week ago and notice several problems. Here I am checking on the forum, and it's quite scary seeing how long the problems have gone by without them getting fixed by a multi-billion dollars company.

I've tried every solutions you've suggested, but to no avail. I do a lot of voice recording, and I can still easily here the following:

1) Typing on keyboard

2) Background noise

3) TV (20 feet away, moderate volume)

At this point, CharlesB, if you say that problem should be non-existance, then there one of the following must be true: either A) Customers have too high of an expectation on G930's noise-cancellation ability OR B) Your team has low standard on noise-cancellation feature OR C) Problem is there, we are just not communicating well enough with you to help you.

Like I said, I voice record a lot. And I am more than confident to say that my 1-year-old $70 headset by another company can subpress most, if not all, the unwanted noise without any additional software, while my new $160 G930 is underperforming. Again, please listen to the customers. Please try to identify why the unwanted noises are drown when voice morphing is activated, and unwanted noises are (more) prevelant without voice morphing? Please respond soon... I want to keep this headset, but I don't want to live with the problem, so I might have to return it. This is not a threat. This is just me being frustrated, and hoping that we can work together towards a solution for me and other Logitech fans out there.

Logi Nu
Adobewan

I got my G930 6 days ago and I've been loving the sound quality, but the microphone is not cancelling ANYTHING. Like others have said before me, when I enable voice morphing, the noise cancelling seems to kick in.

I just installed the drivers that were published on the 17th (yesterday) and still my microphone picks up typing, the TV upstairs, my breathing (making me horridly self aware).

I mean, this thing was not cheap. There has to be a way to eliminate the constant buzzing/picking up the entire neighborhood's sounds. I even tried unplugging the dongle, uninstalling, reinstalling new drivers, and then plugging in. I mean, the technology is obviously IN there someplace since it works when you morph your voice, also, what's a guy gotta do to get a darth vader morph? Different subject.

The fact of the matter is, its impressive how much sound this mic DOESN'T cancel out.

Logi Browser
LoneHertz

I have this exact same issue on two (2) pair of this headset: while testing the microphone in loopback i can hear any sound generated within an, atleast, 20m radius if the mic is in normal usage, the other way while using the voice morphing feature the mic works properly (like the, awesome, g35 mic lemme say). It's outrageous this problem is not even aknowledge by Logitech with so many people reporting it here (and i suspet much more not reporting the same issue).

This remembers me when i had driver issue with a competitor (which ejoys using reptiles names for its tracking devices) sound card, i contacted them and in 3 days they provided me with beta drivers specific for my case. One of the best customer service experience of my life.

I can just hope it'll be fixed someday since i cannot return my pairs with the policy of the internet store i took them on :/

Logi Nu
Viajero

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I also had background noise issues with my G930... evryhting can be heard even my PC fans :-( But low and behold, as others posters have mentioned, whenever I morph my voice with one of the preset voices, the background noise is perfectly cancelled.

And then I decided to install the new G930 driver, the 1.00358  and man, things are now even worst because in addition to the noise not being cancelled I now have a pulse bit sounding every second... thump, thump, thump, thump... I am going crazy!

Windows 7 64bits

Also installed Logitech wireless mouse and Keyboard.

How do I revert to the old drivers?

Logitech, look into the voice morphing cause this may give you some clues? Please fix this!!!

Desperate...

Logi Nu
Warcraft

The gods of Logitech have spoken, "There is no problem, good day." Really logitech? "O! Having stuck at tape recorder isnt the problem!" Then what the hell is logitech? Your "looking" into it? You are paid a salery every hour you work, but of course there technicians know nothing of codecs or even lossless (uncompressed) sound quality and how to handle it.  They are not working on a fix right now. They are working on another useless beta and excuse list. My suggestion: Get to work, and also its called FREEDOM OF THE CONSUMER. Meaning that the consumer can change what they want. MEANING that we should NOT be stuck with low quality tape recording quality but to be boosted up to 190,000 IF WE WANT. Fix your issues logitech. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fix the G930 Headset. Now.
Logi Browser
dboisvert

[ Edited ]

Making ridiculous demands wont get you anywhere warcraft... working together with them will.

I also have this problem and have recorded this occurence

http://picosong.com/eb6 (just shows mouse clicks, keyboard, and slight breathing all being picked up by the headset)

Also note that I have the microphone gain set below 50 so that is not the issue. I have tested it with other recording programs and VoIP programs, yet the same results as above. This is most definitely an issue that needs to be fixed because the noise cancelling works great when using voice morphing.

As far as the tape recorder quality... quit complaining it's perfectly fine the way it is and doesn't make a difference.

Logi Browser
dboisvert

Bump in hopes that CharlesB will read this

CharlesB

I'm data mining, forwarding on returned G930s, and annoying the audio team on this issue. I can confirm that the 16KHz audio sampling rate is an intentional limitation of the headset to keep it's wireless bandwidth use at reasonable levels (if that's been brought up in this thread), but this aspect literally has nothing to do with the issues that some people are experiencing.

Sorry I've been away from this thread. I've had the launch of GT5 to prepare for, get everything prepared for a new software release (non audio), conduct a study on some mice, build a system for an upcoming promotion, my normal day job too... and on top of that planning/executing Thanksgiving travels.

Course, with those out of the way, this has been bumped way up on my list, and while I'm not an engineer for Audio, I have some pull and I've been working with two seperate audio engineers on this. As I get more news, I'll share what I know, but right now, it's Thanksgiving and developments will be slow until people are back.

Logi Nu
radeon

Hi, I'm a new G930 owner, and have the not cancelling noise issue as well. Nothing is filtered, everything sounds through the mic, even the smallest mouse click. Hope Logitech finds something fast to solve this issue.

I have checked in control panel, and my mic level is 21, so that's not the reason.

Appart from that, this headset seems to be amazing. I have to test it more deeply though.

Cheers.