Logi Nu
NitroExpress

Headset does not work in Windows 7

I have a headset which worked fine in XP, but does not work on my new 64-bit Win7 system. I am not sure what model this headset is, as I no longer have the box. It uses a USB connection. Any ideas how to get it working? Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mike_M

Re: Headset does not work in Windows 7

Hi,

All Logitech USB headseats have been tested with the RTM version of Windows 7 and all USB headsets work with no issues with Windows 7.

Thank you for your post.

Logitech Customer Support for further assistance.
You can also Email Us

Regards,
Mike
Logi Nu
Efrima

[ Edited ]

Hi, I'm sorry, but I cannot agree to what you said about "no issues" in windows 7.

I have posted a post about my Logitech ClearChat Pro USB's microphone not functioning correctly under win 7.

It generates A LOT of backround noise+ buzzing sounds along with my voice. And no, it is not a defected unit since I tested it on XP and it worked like a charm. Tried uninstalling the drivers, no go. Tried plugging it into different ports, still no go. So i'm sorry but I cannot say that there are no issues under windows 7.

I posted my thread almost two days ago and not even a single reply, so I assume its something unsolveable..

Sorry if I sond raged :smileytongue: its just that my headset is crucial to me and I'm looking for a solution for a whole week now..

Lol, anyway- thanks for your time :smileyhappy:

P.S- for the opener, i used to have the same headset in your picture, until I broke it :smileytongue: its still functioning though and i tested it on windows 7 just for the sake of it, and i was surprised to find out that this old headset worked like a charm unlike my newer one :smileysad:

Logi Rook
JeffLo

[ Edited ]

you know whats the problem here in the support crew i dont knw why logitech hire this people

one is trying to ask how to fix it, instead for them to help out , thier post just to be a jack **bleep** like reply we have tested it to be working , ok fine its working but the person who came here is asking for help, he didnt ask if its working or not or you have tested it or not, its just retarded to see this type of response from a support site

its like you telling people if you dont knw how to make it work them were sorry coz we have tested it and it works but im telling you how to fix it cya

or maybe i miss something about the word support, or being a tech support for a certain company

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mike_M

Hi,

The issue is with the install of Window 7. I can only suggest that you uninstall and re-install yourt OS. When I say the product has been tested with Windows 7 and passed all tests, it means the problem is on your machine.

Anyone running "critical" operations on a computer should know better than to adopt a new operating system before the first service pack.

Every release of Windows has gone through the same process. There are bugs in the OS. Our USB headsets use Windows native USB drivers. If there is a problem with those drivers I can only say reinstall them. If the product works on your XP or Vista machine but doesn't on your new install of Windows 7, the issue is going to be your Windows 7 OS.

Jeflo, read your PM's please.

Thank you for your post.

Logitech Customer Support for further assistance.
You can also Email Us

Regards,
Mike
Logi Nu
Nate00

I'm sorry to rain on this little parade but I also have Windows 7 64 bit and YES  I even RE INSTALLED it thinking that would fix things but much to my anger for ReInstalling Windows 7  the problem was not FIXED !

The headset STILL will not work in Vista , so Logitechs claim that the Headset is Win 7 compatible just doesnt make sense.

I have tried these headsets on 2 different Windows 7 64 bit Pc's and they both were not reconized/detected. " Unknown Usb Device"

So before you post and tell people it is there problem with Windows Do everyone a favour and get some other Logitech people involved and fix this issue because telling people it is your Windows just doesn't cut it.

Besides you so called way to fix the problem is to tell eveyone to ReInstall Windows ?  Can you Imaging if we had to do that everytime we plugged a NEW device in ?  Come on ,  get real.  Also I dont have a problem with Creatives USB headset at all so please dont tell me it is Windows .

Logi Nu
rsrdevon

im glad to see im not the only one with this problem. i have that same headset in the picture. my headset works but the volume keeps going up to full blast and i cannot keep it down. maybe there is a fix for that?