Logi Nu
neonscorpion

I can't get my Desktop Microphone 600 to work...

[ Edited ]

I just bought a logitech mic. from wal-mart, and i plugged it into the microphone slot on the side of my computer. I tried it out and nothing, no sound. i figured i needed a driver to use it so i went searching...all i found was "driver finder" software and other things that will find them for you, but cost to install. so I came here, but the only drivers i could find were for USB microphones, can someone, ANYONE! help me, i need this for school or i will fail, and i don't have time to go out and buy another... just tell me how to find it, or link me to one, if so you would be a god send...thanks..

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
CarterW

Re: I can't get my Desktop Microphone 600 to work...

Hello neonscorpion,

As the microphone is analog it does not require any driver, what you may be thinking of are the drivers for your computer's sound card. They can normally be found on your computer manufacturers website, or the manufacturer of the sound card or motherboard if it is an integrated card.

Also what version of Windows do you have on your computer? The wrong recording device might be selected in Windows.

Regards

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Rook
Sarge

Er... you "plugged it into the microphone slot"?

Well, I've got good news and bad news for you: The bad news is that if you pluged your micropone into a slot, you plugged it into the wrong thing. It plugs into the Mic. jack, not into any "slot". The good news is that nearly all PCs have at least one dedicated Mic jack built into them.

Now take your mic out of whatever "slot" you plugged it into and plug it into the Mic. jack instead. Audio jacks are usualy color-coded, and if the manufactuerer of your computer adhered to the industry standard, it should be the red one. Consult the manual that came with your PC to see what color the Mic jack is on your PC.

If you can't figure out where to plug it in, tell us the make and model number of your PC and we'll see if we can look it up for you.

Logi Nu
neonscorpion

dude, im not stupid, i plugged it into the jack, i just forgot the name of it...

Logi Nu
sunderB10

I am having the same problem.  Bought the same microphone and plugged it into the microphone jack (pink) on my PC and the computer is not recognizing the microphone.  CPU actually has a front and a back and I have tried both with no luck.  My son needs this for his music homework and I don't know what to do now.  Can anyone help?

It is a windows XP system (Media Center Addition).  CPU is a Gateway 835M

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
bphillips

Hi sunderB10,

Please make sure your sound card is set as the default recording device and the volume is properly adjusted.

If the issue persists, please try using your mic on a different computer. If it works, the issue would most likely be with your PC's sound card. If the mic doesn't work, please exchange at point of purchase or contact Customer Support in your region for further assistance.

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate

If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
nakano-san

I am having this same problem after just purchasing this product 5 hours ago at my place of employment. When I saw it on the shelf, I thought "Oh, I'll spend the extra few dollars, Logitech is a good name." Apparently not. My microphone is unusable and the best that experts can offer is "seeking assistance at place of purchase" which usually equals a return. Seeing that there are other individuals that are having this same issue, and KNOWING that there are probably hundreds of others that have read this thread with the same exact issue, I'm beginning to wonder what logitech's quality testing is like. Needless to say, this was the last purchase I will make from this company.

Logi Nu
Arestelle

Try going into Control Panel > Sound > Recording.

Right-click and make sure "Show Disabled Devices" is checked. If it was unchecked and a new mic appears when you check it, try that one.

I just received this mic today and thought my laptop was completely blind to it--turns out the laptop had disabled it automatically and was hiding disabled devices, which is why it wasn't showing up. Seems to work now.

Logi Nu
joeb16

Control Panel, Sound, Recording, Select your device and click set as default at the bottom. Should work.